(Don't) Forget it

Your eyes shot open and your limbs jolted. The room you are in is dark, but not pitched in black. The lights from the city outside still bleed inside through the blinds of your window. You swing your legs off the bed and cover your face before you trail your night stand for your handgun. The textured grip gives you little comfort as all it does is remind you that you are on duty. The whole screw up in Oregon kicked Six and the program's staff to double, no, quadruple it's efforts against the White Masks. Being one of the reasons why the operation in Oregon was a mixed report, you volunteered and worked relentlessly to the hopes you'd stumble over something to redeem the bio container being stolen...that was about 7 months ago.

Elżbieta, more or less, saved you from a much more severe punishment. She played her wounds much more intensely when she realized you were about to be (...rightfully) blamed for the captured container. She weighed your patchwork medical work as what kept her alive - which might have been actually true, but it didn't excuse your overprotective attitude afterwards, especially when she suspected the explosion that must've been when you could have prevented the container from being swiped.

You fell into bed again - the noise of the city outside was oddly calming. It proved that your efforts were effective in keeping most of the peace in tact for the world...Where in the world were you right now?

For a brief moment, a door opened, flooding the once dark room with the light from the hotel's hallway. You see a shadow step inside carefully just as the door closes. The bed shuffles a few seconds later, successfully breaking your thought process. Something stirred beside you - and it groaned. Your vision darted to the darkest corner. "Ela?"

  "Mm?" She replied, kicking her shoes off.

  "Find anything worth while?" You swallowed.

  "No," she groaned. "I told Six there wasn't anything here to begin with. I don't know why she sent us here."

Your hands reached for her, eventually gripping her wrist and pulling her into your arms. She remained still, physically drained after running around since the crack of dawn. You were left in charge of keeping track of any transmissions from your hotel room, but honestly, this was as quiet as you've ever heard it. There wasn't anything unusual in...

  "London is so wet," Elżbieta sighs. You just now realized her clothes and hair were somewhat damp. "Why couldn't we have been stationed here during summer...?"

She begins wrapping herself around you, nuzzling her nose under your chin. You feel her warm breath brush against you the more she climbs into you. She wasn't supposed to be in the same room as you. In fact, her room was a floor below yours. You were kept within close proximity of each other for ease of communication and evidence, but after the first night being alone, she decided to just move to your room until told otherwise. You longed for her company, and she was much more familiar with the hardware provided for wire tapping. Plus...as you felt her soft breathing and loose touch, you knew just having her with you, right now, just like this, meant so much. You look down. Her once-green hair was now reverting back to the true platinum blonde it was. The tips were still off-colored, but the dye there was only faint.

  "Hear anything in the wire?" She asks, breaking the silence.

You exhale. "Just regular cell phone conversations from the building. And umm...private business messages."

  "Exciting," she says in a monotone voice. "Very, very exciting."

She adjusts herself, placing her head on your shoulder. You can see her looking at you, so you look back. "Did you know Jäger is in Japan right now? IQ and Blitz too! Gaaah!! We're always in Europe."