CHAPTER 19

GREENDALE

SPELLMAN HOUSE

Pov Bartzabel

-First interrogation Archie Armstrong

"Where does Mr. Armstrong currently live?"

"I live in London and have an investigative business in partnership with Harry."

"Under what circumstances did you meet?"

"We studied together in Cambridge".

"Is there any relative we need to contact?"

He replied that there was no one to warn that he no longer had living relatives.

"Tell me Mr. Armstrong what circumstances brought him here in Greendale after so many years?"

With astonishment he replied that he had come here for a courtesy visit.

He guessed from the answer given that something had been omitted.

"Do you know why Mr. Thompson also went here to Greendale?"

"Harry and I went here together to visit our Ambrose."

However, that doesn't explain why Harry died in Riverdale.

"Do you know any reason why someone would have wanted to harm him, or someone moved by some feeling of revenge against him?"

He said no but from his unclear attitudes he was lying.

"Why was your friend in Riverdale when he was killed instead of being here with her and Ambrose Spellman?"

"He was with us but after a phone call he left," her tone was too agitated to be an honest answer.

I tried to explain my point of view to him, I said, "I think most of the things you have said to me do not correspond to reality. You are confused or lying."

He jumped up from the couch and said angrily "I'm fed up with all these impertinent and outrageous questions, you have crossed all boundaries and the conversation is over.

As he leaves the room he slams the door behind him.

-second interrogation: Ambrose Spellman

I spotted Ambrose Spellman leaving the room, followed by his aunt Zelda, observing him well he seemed very upset.

I hastened to approach him and invited him to follow me to exchange a few words.

He asked me why I wanted to talk to him, he didn't seem very distracted.

I told him I wanted to know some details about the circumstances of his friend's death.

After you sit down, start asking him my questions.

"How did you meet Mr. Thompson?"

He replied like Archie who had studied together at Cambridge.

"Do you live in this house?"

"Yes, I live here with my aunt Zelda."

"How long had you not seen Mr. Armstrong and Mr. Thompson?"

He replies that he hasn't seen them for 16 years.

"Must it have been a nice surprise for her to see Archie and Harri after so many years?"

He nodded and said "Yes, it was a nice surprise unfortunately I didn't manage to meet Harry in time?"

I mark this inconsistency on the sheet about the deposition of the other test.