CHAPTER FIVE

POV NICHOLAS

Still shocked at what I had heard, he left the academy to get some fresh air and I started asking myself questions. What was Archie and Ambrose involved in? What was he chasing after him? How was Sabrina involved?

He felt his heart tighten at the mere thought of her despite the countless past years it hurt as it was yesterday.

Sometimes when he was alone he found himself thinking about her, how he had treated her, about all the moments spent with her, beautiful or ugly.

He walked alone in the woods to the bar to drink to try to forget bad memories of his life with the beautiful ones. It occurred to me a moment about 15 years ago that happened not far from there.

It was me and Sabrina, on the banks of the Sweatwater River, it was just me, she and the sound of the water isolated from the rest of the world were happy. On the occasion of our first anniversary I surprised her and prepared everything.

We had a picnic that actually lasted all afternoon, when we finished eating she took out a polaroid we took pictures together and so was the rest of that beautiful day the two of us laughing and joking.

Almost at the end of our appointment I remember that we were lying on a blanket she was resting on me while sunbathing and I was playing with her hair at a certain point I stopped and she noticed it. She asked me '' what happens ? '' and I replied '' I would like to stop time and live like this forever ''.

He turned to me and she smilingly replied "okay" and I give her a kiss as an answer. Suddenly awakened by my thoughts I realized that I had arrived at my destination and entered the room I ordered a bottle of absinthe so he continued my evening buried by the thousand thoughts that wandered in my head.

Before I fell completely under the influence of alcohol, I decided that the next day I would go to Ambrose and Archie to ask for explanations and offer him my help.