CAPITOLO 28

HELL

Pov Nicholas

Before I could turn around Prudence told me again "You know very well that you are going to go against the chaos, I don't want to be called into question by every single mess from your sweet half".

I smiled and told her "Don't worry. I think I can handle any situation that comes my way."

We say goodbye one last time and I walked through the portal.

What seemed like seconds to me I found myself in a dark and humid cave.

I look around to find a way out of here to go to the meeting point, where Prudence's friend is waiting for me. I take the piece of paper Prudence gave me earlier out of my pocket to see where I should go.

Having found the way out to leave here, I headed towards my destination as I continued on my path, a very important question appeared in my mind.

When Sabrina and I meet again after so long what will I tell her?

How will I approach her?

What I want to tell her is very simple that I have never stopped loving her and that I have missed her very much.

And I'll tell her I'm ready to do anything to be with her to hold her hand even if the price to pay is to spend the rest of my life down here.

What if she no longer feels anything about me?

In fact I never really considered this possibility when I made the decision to go on this journey I was always one hundred percent sure that she still loved me.

Now the doubt begins to make its way into my mind.

I pray Hecate that this does not happen.

***

ONE HOUR LATER

During my journey to be able to find the place written on the ticket I met people and saw things that really made my blood freeze.

Hell is exactly as I remembered it.

If I weren't driven by the love I feel for the girl with blond hair, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to return to this place even in a hundred lifetimes.

After wandering for a long time I glimpse from afar a figure that is observing me, from this distance I cannot understand who it is but most likely it will be for sure a demon who will have perceived my presence here.

I remember well that Dorian had told me that I could not use his portal because it was absolutely forbidden to come to this place, but he had not told me what could happen if someone was found to break that rule.

Certainly nothing nice.

I saw that shadow proceed slowly in my direction in the meantime I wondered what was more appropriate to do at that moment.

My first instinct would be to get away from here as fast as possible but so that wouldn't be the best of ideas.

Meanwhile, the mysterious figure is getting closer and closer to me, the closer I see it is a girl.

When we are two meters apart she stops and asks me "Are you Prudence's friend?"

At that moment she sensed that she was Prudence's friend.

"Yes I am."

The girl with the golden hair introduced herself "Anyway I'm Rebecca Johns, and you?"

"I'm Nicholas Scratch nice to meet you."

After a few minutes she invited me to follow her to go to her house, during the journey we talked about this and that.

A few minutes later we arrive at our destination we find ourselves in front of the door of her house and when we enter there waiting for us there is a boy who greeted Rebecca warmly.

From her annoyed expression, I guess that he didn't expect to see anyone other than her.

He felt a hint of jealousy in her tone of voice. Rebecca nodded. From her annoyed expression I guess that he didn't expect to see anyone other than her.

"What are you doing here?" she asks him.

He timidly replied "I only came here to say hello". Observing the hopeful gaze that the boy turned to Rebecca, he realized that he must have feelings for her.

"Did you miss me so much already? Do you remember that we already met this afternoon?"

He nodded and added "What can I do? The heart is not controlled!"

Unfortunately he is right. Feelings cannot be commanded they just come.

He heard Rebecca ask the red-haired boy "Can I take my friend to the reception tomorrow?"

He replied, "Of course yes. I'll take care of informing my sister of the new addition, okay?"

She nodded in response.

The boy turned to what I believe is a watch and said "It's time to take the trouble off for me."

Rebecca exclaimed "But it's still very early! Stay and dine with us."

He replied sadly "I'm sorry I can't stay here with you but you know that if I delay it kills my mother and my sisters more likely they will kill me."

Having said these words, the two embraced and greeted each other with a tender kiss on the lips. Then the boy turned to me and said "See you tomorrow at the party, please don't forget to bring a mask."

I replied "I'll keep that in mind, don't worry!" I concluded the sentence giving him a wink.

"Anyway, I'm Goffredo, nice to meet you."

Looking at him so closely I have the strange impression that this guy has seen him somewhere. Thinking about it better, he looks a lot like someone I know only who right now I can't figure out who.

"I'm Nicholas but everyone calls me Nick, it's a pleasure for me to meet you too." He shook his hand and then ran off.

"So how about starting to eat something and then discussing your stay here."

"I say I agree."