CHAPTER 27

GREENDALE 

ACCADEMY

Pov Zelda

I hear the echo in the corridor of my heels making noise on the floor, I cross Malvin and ask him "Do you know where Prudence is right now?"

He replies, "In this you should have just finished teaching her Spellman class director."

Without saying goodbye I proceed in my direction and go to the divination room, just as Malvin said I found it there.

"Careful, I need to have a chat with you."

He turns to her in my direction and says "Sure, tell me!"

I explained to her that I needed her help to question a witch hunter, when she asked me why I had a hunter as a prisoner I explained that he was the only survivor of the attack we suffered from them.

"Count on my support. When will this interrogation take place?"

I replied that it would take place this afternoon, there is no time to waste we must act quickly.

"And can you ask Mr. Scratch if he can join us too? His presence will be very useful for his great skills and knowledge."

Prudence replied "I'm afraid Nicky won't be there".

Strange he has always been very willing to cooperate so I asked her why he could not be present.

I have noticed Prudence that she finds it difficult to justify the absence of her friend. "Nicholas won't be here at the academy for a while, he's gone on vacation."

How come he didn't tell me anything?

I admit that over time I have grown fond of the boy, Nicholas is very smart and does very well in the teaching field.

He has a natural talent. I never told anyone but my intention to leave the role of high priest to him one day.

It is also true that being in his presence I feel a bond with my niece.

"Okay, but now I have to hurry to go because now I have other commitments planned. Get to our house as soon as possible to help my nephew."

Prudence said to me, "Certainly director. I gather my things then I immediately set off for your house."

I turn around and leave the classroom.

***

KINKLE-WALKER HOUSE

Pov Rosalind

"The visit is over honey. Now I'm sure I know what Rosalind is accessing you."

I asked her "Do I have to worry Hilda?"

I watched her and Hilda gave me an uncertain look. "Hilda whatever it is I want to know."

She looked at me very regretfully she sits next to me consolingly she said to me "My dear I fear that the curse of your family is resurfacing."

I exploded crying and asked her "But how is it possible Sabrina had broken her years ago?"

"I don't know darling and I haven't told you everything ... with the symptoms you told me about, I'm also afraid that in time something much worse will come."

What could happen to me worse than losing my sight?

"Something very bad could come in the pretty near future but only if we can't heal you in time."

"What? You mean she'll go crazy?" I asked in a shaky voice.

She nodded and added "I'm very sorry."

Hilda gets out of bed to leave the room, totally in shock. I saw her come back a few minutes later with Harvey who also seemed very shaken, she probably said everything about my situation.

Hilda announced "I'll let you talk to yourself I'll go into the next room when you're ready you'll call me so we'll all talk together on how to proceed."

When she left the room and closed the door behind her, I burst into tears again and Harvey hugged me.

"I'm so scared Harvey!" I exclaimed crying.

She placed a sweet kiss on my forehead and he said to me with the purpose of reassuring me "Don't worry we'll solve it together."

After we both calmed down we called Hilda to discuss what awaits me in the future together.

***

SPELLMAN HOUSE

Pov Ambrose

"Are we expecting someone by any chance Ambrose?"

I said yes to Archie. He asked me "Who exactly?"

"My Aunt Zelda didn't bother to tell me the only thing so is she should be here shortly and she'll help us question our friend downstairs."

He laughed softly. I found myself staring at him like a maniac and thinking about how beautiful his smile was.

Archie has never been such a cheerful boy, in the past the rare times he did it I always stared at him as in this moment.

Knock, Knock, Knock

It was the loud sound of the door from someone knocking that woke me from my thoughts.

With a smile Archie said "Our dear unknown is at the door, we will finally understand who it is."

I went to the door and when he opened it, my heart hit.

"Tell me Ambrose why did it take so long to come and open up? I was starting to fear that during this long wait I would start taking root here on the floor."

I tried to apologize to her "I'm sorry Prudence for keeping you waiting I was talking to an old friend."

"Yes, sure, a friend ..." she exclaimed in an uncertain tone with one eyebrow arched upwards.

I invited her in and asked her "Are you here to help us with that matter."

She nodded.

Cabbage! She hasn't changed at all, she's as beautiful as ever.

Even though we both teach in the same place we haven't met very frequently in recent years.

In the air there was tension and mutual embarrassment.

Then from the corridor she heard Archie's voice "So Ambrose who was at the door?"

When she came to an end to this awkward atmosphere. "This is Prudence and she is that person I told you about earlier."

He nodded and walked over to Prudence to introduce himself.

As I watched them make their introductions I realized they don't like each other at all.

Later I took them downstairs to begin preparations.