got the whole crew riled up

¤¸¸

¤¸¸.•'¯'•¸¸.•..>> ✰ <<..•.¸¸•'¯'•.¸¸¤

We all were sitting around a fire John B and Pope were making for us. I sat right up next to J trying to forget about tonight. My mom and I always gotten somewhat along I don't know what's been up with her lately. I wasn't focusing on anyone's voice just staring deep into that ashes of the crackling fire. JJ finally nudged me as JB started to speak.

"So, the gold never went down with the royal merchant," JB started.

"oh my god. here we go again," Pope sighed.

"No. all right, hear him out," JJ tried to convince.

"it's been here the whole time," John B paused, "its on the island."

"Are you serious?" Kie asked.

"i'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope added in.

"im sure you would Pope," I joked.

"but I can present you with my evidence," John B blurted," all right so, in my backpack, I have a letter from denmark tanny."

"who the hell is that?" Kie asked.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the royal merchant wreck, check this out," John B proceeded to open up the old tan piece of paper. He handed Kie the paper and she eagerly opened it and started reading. "Ok, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. that was his big discovery. So, Tanny used the gold from the merchant to buy his freedom. after that he bought his farm."

Kie passed over the letter to J who gave it to Pope, since he already seen it. I scooch over by Pope and read it off of his shoulders. I zoned out once more but rejoined when I heard,"Tannyhill Plantation."

"Tannyhill?" I asked to make sure I heard correctly. 

"yeah," He clarified," So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then sold a shit-ton of rice which pissed off all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him."

Everyone looked up at JB as he finished that sentence and stared right at him as he speaks now. "so on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and then the last line of that letter he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold."

"where?" Kie whispered.

"harvest the wheat in parcel nine, near the water. Except there is no wheat. You see wheat is coded for gold, check this out." John B pointed his flash light down into the letter and contacted all the hided messages.

"holy shit!" Pope gasped.

"All we need is an originally survey map of the property." John B concluded.