❤️1❤️

Agalya's pov

Agalya's pov

The morning sun rays were playing Peekaboo with the blindfolds. I was sleeping cozily inside my comfortable duvet.

Suddenly, someone shouted into my ears with a sound like Hiroshima explosion. I closed my ears with my palms and turned to see my anna (elder brother) standing with a bag in his hand.

"Dei Anna! When did you come from India?" I asked sitting on my bed Indian style. (Dei, Da, Di are informal ways of addressing someone)

" I reached few minutes back minion. I thought of disturbing your beauty sleep so" my brother Akhilan said irritating me.

I hit him on his shoulder with my fist and asked," Ok what did you bring me from India? Did granny make my favourite gulab jamun?"

He sighed and said," I really have a kumbakarnika as my sister". I glared at him. (A person who eats and sleeps a lot, according to Hindu mythology)

" You look ugly when you're angry Minion so don't be like that. Here, granny has made a lot of sweets and savouries for you, don't eat it all in one day" he said giving me the bag he had in his hand.

I snatched the bag from his hand and started opening the sweets without minding him. He hit my head with his knuckles and went.

I opened the gulab jamun box, the sweet smell hit my nostrils, I took a spongy gulab jamun and before I could put it in my mouth, a hand held mine.

This time it was my mom, she was standing with one hand on her hips.

She asked," did you brush first of all?"

" I saw the sweets and it hypnotised me amma (mom). It's not my fault it's the sweet's" I said and tried showing puppy eyes.

"Go and brush your teeth first" she ordered while frowning.

I got down from the bed, kissed her cheek and said, " love you amma " and ran to the washroom.

Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself in all this sweet chaos.

I'm Agalya Arunachalam. I'm just an other Indian girl living in Muscat. There's nothing special about me. I love watching movies and obviously eating.

I've a lovely family comprising of my dad Arunachalam, mom Maytri and loving sometimes annoying elder brother Akhilan. I love my family a lot. And I'm a dad's lil princess.

I'm studying final year of Information Technology at Higher College of Technology. Usually, Indians here do their UG in India only but my parents were so fond of me that they didn't want to stay away from them.

I've a best friend, Yazhini, she's studying with me since my 2nd grade. She's one of the very few Indian students studying with me.

Akhilan aka Aki, my lovely brother. He completed his MBBS and MD(neurology) degrees at India and came back to Oman to work. He is working at a leading hospital in Oman. He has a bit of anger management issues, but he's not something like Arjun Reddy lik you guys imagine.