Part 17: crazy ex's

'Costia please put the gun down.' Lexa begged. Costia was drunk, very drunk. She was pointing a gun at Lexa. 'Costia it's me, Lexa. Your girlfriend.' Lexa kept going and going. Costia was about to shoot and Lexa saw it so she quickly disarmed Costia. 'Then we'll do it this way.' Lexa mumbled. Lexa put the gun back in the safe. She made a new password so Costia couldn't grab it again. She put Costia on the couch and tried to sober her up. 'You don't love me and if you don't do that Lex, I'll kill you.' Costia slurred. 'Costia please. I do love you.' Lexa said. She tried to remain calm, but all Lexa wanted to do was yell at her girlfriend. This couldn't happen anymore. It happens way too often it has to stop. Costia has always been a little violent, but she was also really sweet and funny. Lexa fell for that. Not her violent side. Her mother didn't agree with her relationship. She didn't even agree with her liking girls.

'What are you thinking about Lex?' Lincoln asked. 'Costia.' Lexa said. She sighed. She knew Clarke was very different from Costia but deep down she was scared something similar would happen. Lexa needed to get these thoughts out of her head so she went out for a night run.

The cold air touched her skin. At first she shivered, but then she liked the coldness. The stars were beautiful that night. There was no one on the streets. Just her. Lexa started running. She started running as fast as she could. She always did this when Costia popped up in her head. She ran past the lake. She smiled thinking back of that day. Of course Clarke was different from Costia. Clarke pushed her in the water in a playful way, Costia would have tried to drown her. Lexa looked back at the road. Then she saw lights approaching her. Fast. It was a car. Then everything went black. She heard someone get out of the car. 'Hey Lexie.' A familiar voice said. She felt her body getting picked up, then she felt the warmth of something. The car probably. What was this person doing? The person tied Lexa's hands together. Then a door closed. The car took off. The mysterious person turned on the music. Lexa could finally open her eyes, but all she saw was black. She tried to scream but the person in the car only put the music louder.

After a long drive which felt like days the car finally stopped. The person opened the trunk and Lexa finally saw light. Apparently it was already morning. The sunlight blinded her eyes. Finally the brunette saw who had taken her. It was Costia. She looked tired, probably from driving. 'Hello sunshine.' Costia said. Lexa just growled. 'Oh don't be so grumpy.' Costia said. An evil smile formed on the girl's face. Costia picked up Lexa again and carried her in the abandoned building. Costia let go of Lexa and put her on a comfy couch. 'See nothing to be grumpy about.' Costia said. Lexa didn't say anything. She wasn't going to give Costia the attention she wanted. Lexa tried to get away a few times. She failed every time. 'Lexie don't make me do this.' Costia said. Costia tied Lexa up. 'Now you can't run from me.' Costia said. That smile was back. 'Please Costia let me go. Start a life for yourself. Get over me. Like I did.' Lexa said. 'Lexie please. You're not over me.' She played with a pencil in her hands. 'Yes I am. I even have a new girlfri-' No Lexa don't say that. 'A what?!' Costia's voice changed from calm and evil to angry and.... sad? 'A girl just walked in your life and you took her!' Costia yelled. 'Costia we're not together anymore! I get to do what I want and when I want!' Lexa snapped back. 'Not anymore.' Costia said. Her voice was back to calm and evil. It was terrifying. Lexa got scared. Scared for Clarke. She dragged Clarke into this. Costia once again ruined her good relationships. 'You fucked up my relationship with my mom and Lincoln! I swear to god if you touch Clarke I'll end you in two seconds!' Lexa yelled. Costia got scared by Lexa's sudden outburst. In Lexa's outburst she pulled the fabric that held her to the couch loose. She stood up. She was slightly taller than Costia and she used that. She stood in front of Costia and then pushed her against the wall. Then she quickly tried to leave. She was almost at the front door when Costia shot a bullet in the door. Right next to Lexa's head. 'The next one is in your head if you move.' Costia said. Lexa put her hands up. Slowly turning around. No this couldn't happen.

In the meanwhile Clarke was at her apartment. Talking to Raven. 'Shit I left my biology homework at Lexa's!' Clarke said. Raven groaned and got up from the couch. 'Come on Griffin let's go get it.' Raven said. 'What why?' Clarke asked. 'Because you won't sleep if we don't get it and I don't wanna comfort you over your breakdowns right now.' Raven said. 'Let me call Lexa first.' Raven rolled her eyes. 'Fine.' She said. Clarke called Lexa. She wasn't picking up. 'Come on Lex pick up.' She said to herself. Clarke tried calling her several times. She even texted the girl. Lexa didn't respond so Clarke just went to Lexa's house.

'Hi I left my homework.' Clarke said. 'Yeah come in.' Lincoln said. 'Is Lexa home?' Clarke asked. 'She hasn't returned any of my calls she added. 'Wait she isn't at your place?' Lincoln asked. 'What do you mean?' Clarke asked. She got really nervous. Where did Lexa go? She couldn't be gone. 'Lincoln.' Clarke said. 'She went for a run three hours ago. I just assumed she stopped by at your place since she didn't pick up.' Lincoln said. 'She isn't at my place!' Clarke yelled. All her frustrations came out at once. Clarke's hands started to shake. Tears were streaming down her face. This must Lexa have felt when Clarke ran away. Was it worse because Lexa saw her running away? Clarke's head was spinning. This couldn't happen. Not Lexa. Not the love of her life. She can't lose her too. She needed to find the brunette. And fast. 

'Jeez this girl can't stop calling you.' Costia said. She held Lexa's phone in front of Lexa's face. Lexa was tied back up. Costia made sure she couldn't leave this time. 'She's pretty.' Costia said. 'I might switch her for you.' She added. 'No Costia. Remember what I said. Two seconds.' Lexa said. Lexa didn't sound scared at all. She sounded confident and that scared Costia. Was her plan going to fail?