Part 8: hearing things

Lexa rushed inside the hospital. It's this one they tried. 'Is someone here named Clarke Griffin?' Lexa asked politely. 'Yes she's in surgery now you can wait for her in the waiting room.' Lexa was in shock. 'Thank you.' She stuttered. Raven made her way over to Lexa. Helping her sit down. Lexa hoped she was in here but not in surgery. What happened to her. It's worse than she thought. 'She-she's in surgery.' Lexa stuttered. 'What?' Raven said. 'What happened did they tell you anything?' (tw panic attack)

Raven asked. 'No.' Lexa's hands started shaking. She couldn't control her breathing and it got faster and faster. Her heartbeat was rising. Lexa's sight got blurry. She reached out for something. She didn't know what either. 'Lexa listen to me.' Raven kneeled in front of her. 'Put your hand here. Focus on my breathing. Follow it.' Lexa tried, she really tried but it wasn't working. Raven ran her hands through her hair. Her old friend had panic attacks too, this always worked for her. Why wasn't it working for Lexa. 'Kiss her.' A man behind them said. 'What?' Raven said looking at the man. 'It works for panic attacks. 'She has a girlfriend.' Raven said. 'She will understand once you save her.' The man said. 'Right okay. Hi Lexa I guess I'll kiss you know.' Raven pressed her lips on Lexa's. Lexa's breathing went back to normal and Raven pulled away. 'Hi uhm sorry.' Raven said awkwardly. 'Thank you.' Lexa said. 'Don't worry it didn't mean-' Lexa didn't let Raven finish her sentence. 'I know.' Lexa said. Once she realized where she was and what the situation was the tears came back. 'Family of Clarke Griffin?' A nurse asked. 'Yes hi. Well girlfriend and friend.' Lexa said while pointing at her and Raven. 'She's alive but kept alive by machines. The machines are breathing for her and she will die when they stop.' The nurse said. 'No.' Lexa said. 'This- no. Please no.' The nurse walked away. The brunette fell into Raven's arms. 'Oh my god Lexa.' Raven said. Raven was as shocked as Lexa.

Clarke could still hear everything around her. 'She will most likely pass away tonight.' A doctor said. No she couldn't die. She wants to be with Lexa, but there wasn't enough strength in her body to move or speak. Lexa was all she could think about. What if the brunette didn't know she was here. All kinds of things were rushing through her mind. Lexa, all her thoughts were about Lexa. 'Clarke.' Clarke recognized this voice. It was Lexa. Her girlfriend Lexa found her. She wanted to move so bad. She didn't want to die. Not with her around.

She tried to move. She tried to speak. She was fighting and fighting and fighting. Nothing worked. 'I don't know if you can hear me but,' The brunette stopped in her sentence. Not being able to continue because of the tears. 'Please fight for me baby.' These words were enough to push Clarke. She moved, she did it. She squeezed Lexa's hand. 'She squeezed my hand!' Lexa yelled. She couldn't believe it. She did it. The blonde did it. She fought for her. Clarke slowly opened her eyes. The light blinding her. 'She's awake!' Lexa yelled. 'Oh my god I love you so much!' Clarke was so tired from fighting for her life but she could smile a little. 'This is a miracle. This is not supposed to happen.' The doctor said. 'We thought you were brain dead.' Another doctor added. Clarke was in shock because of these words. 'There was no brain activity.' The doctors discussed things. No brain activity but she could still hear things. She was there, she heard it all. 'But I could hear.' Clarke croaked. Her throat was dry from not drinking. The doctors turned around and gasped. She tried to sit up but the pain kicked in. 'Oww.' She said. 'You broke your hip and ankle during the fall.' The doctor told her. 'Your parent has to sign these and then you can go.' Clarke's smile disappeared. 'I don't have any family.' She said. 'Well legal family.' She looked at Lexa. 'With who do you live?' The doctor asked. 'My friend Raven.' 'Is she over eighteen?' The doctor asked. 'Yes.' Clarke answered. 'Get her to sign these and you'll be good to go. Unless you're eighteen.' The doctor looked at Lexa. 'No I'm seventeen.' Lexa said. After saying that she looked back at Clarke.

The love of her life laying in a hospital bed. Clarke tried to sit but the pain kicked in. 'Oww.' She said. 'You broke your ribs and ankle during the fall.' The doctor said. 

Raven signed the forms and drove Clarke and Lexa to her and Clarke's apartment. Raven opened the door. Lexa helped Clarke inside. 'Don't be too loud.' Raven said. She winked. 'My ribs are broken you know.'

Clarke tried to take off her dirty clothes. 'Let me help you.' Lexa said. 'No I got it.' Clarke replied. She took off her shirt. She tried to take off her shoes but her ribs hurt too much. 'You sure you got this?' Lexa asked with a smirk on her face. 'You're so annoying.' Clarke laughed. 'Please help me tho.' Lexa obeyed and took off Clarke's shoes. Clarke finished changing with help from Lexa. The brunette noticed the blonde's expression changed. 'Clarke?' Lexa started. 'I know we need to talk about what happened.' Clarke said. She sighed. 'We don't have to if you don't want to. I just want to know,' Lexa took a deep breath. 'if it has anything to do with me. Did I do something wrong?' Clarke sighed. She looked into the brunette's eyes. 'I got scared.' Clarke started. 'I got scared of you.' 'What?' 'No not like that. Not you. Your love.' Finally Lexa connected the dots. Finn. Her mother.

'I won't leave. I won't die.' Lexa said. Clarke was speechless. She understood. She wasn't mad at her. 'Aren't you supposed to hate me now?' Clarke said. 'Clarke come here.' Lexa opened her arms. The blonde approached her. 'I love you, I can't hate you and I understand why, maybe not everything but I love you.' Lexa soon realized what just came out of her mouth. She quickly let go of Clarke. Looking into her eyes. Trying to see how Clarke felt. 'I- I'm sorry.' Lexa stuttered. Lexa shook her head. 'Clarke I' Lexa didn't know what to do. 'I love you too.' Clarke whispered. She came closer to Lexa. Clarke wrapped her arms around Lexa's waist. 'I love you so much.' Clarke said. Lexa closed her eyes. Smiling is all she could do. 'I realized I did in the hospital.' Clarke said. 'Do you wanna stay here tonight?' Clarke asked. 'Yeah.' They both lay down on Clarke's bed. 'Can you hold me?' Clarke asked. Lexa wrapped her arm around Clarke's body and kissed her on her cheek. 'Goodnight Clarkie.' 'Goodnight Lex.'

'Do you think they hate me?' Octavia asked. She sat next to Lincoln. Looking at the lake in front of them. The moon was the only light they had. 'I don't know.' Lincoln said. Octavia rested her head on Lincoln's shoulder. 'You should talk to them.' He added. 'What if they hate me.' Octavia couldn't hold back the tears anymore. She didn't want this. She didn't want to lose her friends. 'What if they don't want to talk.' 'They wanna talk believe me.' Lincoln said. 'Apologize. Tell them you'll do better.'