Part 10: the lake

Lexa and Clarke stood by the lake. The moonlight reflected on the water. It was beautiful. Clarke rested her head on Lexa's. Lexa intertwined their fingers. They just stood there. Looking at the water. Sometimes one of them would look at the other. Clarke got a text. 'I know you're experimenting with that lesbian girl but please be my girlfriend.' Clarke scoffed when she read. Who did Bellamy think he was. Lexa noticed Clarke did and turned to face her. Still holding Clarke's hand. 'It's Bellamy.' Clarke says. Lexa rolls her eyes. 'What now?' She asks. 'He says I'm just experimenting with you. Little does he know.' Clarke rolled her eyes. The way Lexa said this made her feel loved. Clarke started typing. 'You're disgusting.' Then she put her phone away and looked into Lexa's eyes. 'Just so you know,' she started, 'you are not my experiment. I love you.' Clarke said. 'I know.' Lexa answered with a smirk on her face. They stared into each other's eyes for a while. Then someone called. Clarke groaned. Can't everyone leave her alone at this moment, with her beautiful girlfriend. 'What?' She says, a little more aggressive than she was planning on. 'Hi Clarke.' Octavia said. Her voice was soft and shaky. 'I wanna talk to you, and Lexa and Raven and Emori. 'Soon.' She added. 'Come to my apartment. I'll text Emori to come.' Clarke said. Her voice softened. 'Do we have to go?' Lexa pouted. Clarke laughed. 'Yeah I'm sorry baby. Octavia called. She sounded scared. 

Clarke and Lexa got in Lexa's car. Lexa drove them to Clarke's apartment. Clarke opened the door and saw Emori talking with Raven. 'Hi.' Clarke said. 'Griffin, Woods.' Raven said. 'Reyes. Whatever your last name is.' Lexa said. Emori laughed. 'I don't have one.' She said. Lexa was confused but she could see the girl didn't want to explain or talk about it.

Not that much later Octavia arrived. She was holding Lincoln's hand. Her body was slightly shaking and it wasn't from the cold weather since it's summer. 'I'm so sorry.' She said. Tears are now streaming down her face. She let go of Lincoln's hand and approached the rest. Emori was the first one to hug her. 'It's okay.' She whispered in Octavia's ear. Octavia couldn't stop crying. Clarke, Lexa and Raven hugged her too. 'I didn't know I was hurting people until Clarke you know.' Octavia said. 'God I'm so stupid.' She added. 'We all make mistakes.' Emori said. 'I don't know what I'd do without you guys.' Octavia said. 'It's okay we're here.' Lexa said. All the girls pulled away from the hug. Octavia turned her face to Lexa. She looked up with her glassy eyes from crying. 'How can you forgive me? I made fun of you for what?' Octavia said. Lexa pulled the slightly smaller brunette in her arms. Octavia rested her head on Lexa's shoulder. Lexa held her tight. 'Octavia I don't know you very well but you look like you've gone through a lot. It's okay. We're okay.' Lexa reassured her. 

The group talked and talked about nothing and everything. 'Stop texting me.' Clarke mumbled. 'Bellamy again?' Lexa asked. 'Yeah.' Clarke said. Lexa rolled her eyes. 'Wait what did I miss?' Octavia asked. 'He keeps saying my relationship with Lexa is just an experiment and keeps asking me to be his girlfriend.' Clarke explained. 'I swear to god I'll end him!' Octavia yelled. The group laughed at Octavia's sudden outburst. 'Alright you two do couple things and me and Octavia take a pic with you two doing that in the background and I'll post it on the private.' Raven said. Lexa laughed at Raven's plan but before she knew it Clarke got on top of Lexa. 'Wait let me take the picture, it will look less forced.' Emori said. Raven gave Emori the phone and took a couple of photos. Clarke was kissing Lexa on her cheek on the lips and in her neck on the photos.

Bellamy threw his phone at the wall. He knew they did this to bully him, but why would Octavia help them. He decided to go to Raven and Clarke's apartment since he could clearly see it's in their apartment. If this Lexa girl wasn't here Clarke would be hers. Suddenly he got an idea. If she wasn't here. He could make sure of that. Bellamy put on his shoes and coat and took his car to the girls' apartment. Clarke Griffin you will be mine. He laughed. I'll make her love me and not stupid Lexa. He couldn't just kill Lexa he just had to make sure she was scared enough to leave Arkadia. 

The girls were talking and laughing when they heard a hard knock on the door. Clarke went to open it. It was Bellamy. Just like he hoped Clarke opened the door. He grabbed her by her waist and head and pressed his lips on hers. He was much stronger than her. Clarke tried to get out of his grip but failed. 'Get off her!' Lexa yelled. Bellamy pulled away to look up at the brunette. In that moment Lincoln pushed Bellamy to the ground and Lexa caught the now crying blonde. Clarke screamed out of anger and frustration. She got up from Lexa's arms and went into Bellamy's direction. 'No Clarke let Lincoln handle it!' Lexa yelled. She grabbed her girlfriend by her waist and hugged her. She held her tight. Clarke relaxed in the grip of her girlfriend.

'Clarke is not yours. She's with Lexa. Clarke is happy with her. You're pretty sick if you want to destroy that.' Lincoln said. His face was close to Bellamy's. Bellamy was scared of Lincoln. 'If I see you close to her again I'll end you.' Lincoln said. With that he walked away. 'Get out!' Raven yelled. Bellamy quickly ran out of the apartment. He didn't expect this. Raven made her way over to Clarke and Lexa. 'You okay Clarke?' Raven asked. Clarke nodded. Clarke didn't cry. She wasn't sad, she was angry. Angry with Bellamy. He can't just walk in and kiss her. She is with Lexa. Lexa makes her happy. 'Octavia I'm sorry but-,' Clarke started. 'I hate him too.' Octavia said. 'What?' Clarke asked. 'He's an annoying asshole.' Octavia added. Lincoln grabbed Octavia's hand. 'How about a little sleepover?' Raven asks. Everyone cheered. 'I have to go home to get some stuff then.' Emori said. 'Yeah me too. I'm out of clothes.' Lexa said. 'I'm sorry I have to go home for my mom. Since Lexie is here. Octavia baby I'll see you tomorrow.' Lincoln said. 'I can go home if you want to stay.' Lexa said. 'Lexie no these are your friends besides you deserve it after those last few years in Polis.' Lincoln gave his sister a smile. 'I'll see you tomorrow.' Octavia said. She pecked her boyfriend's lips. 'Ray I can wear something from you right?' Octavia said. 'Sure but don't complain if you find food.' Raven warned her best friend. Octavia laughed.

Once they were all set they watched a movie. Clarke sat between Lexa's legs and leaned her back on Lexa's chest. The brunette's breathing calmed her. Lexa stroked her girlfriend's hair and looked how invested the blonde was in the lion king. She smiled in her girlfriend's neck and the blonde noticed. 'What?' The blonde asked. Looking up in her favorite pair of eyes. 'You're so cute.' The blonde laughed at the brunette's comment and turned back to the screen. Which made Lexa giggle even more. 'What?!' Clarke asked a little louder. 'You're so invested it's adorable.' the brunette said.