29

''Why did you buy a lot of food?'' Jeongin asked eyeing the food with sparkles in his eyes.

''Studying+food is such a good combination don't you think so?'' Minho said, opening the box of pizza to get a slice of it.

''But I won't be able to focus on my tasks if there's food. Besides, I'm gaining weight. This is Hyunjin-hyung's fault, he made me eat lasagna the other day and a casserole last night.'' Jeongin said and pouted.

Minho just blinked at this as he continued eating the pizza in his hands. ''What weight? Who told you you're gaining weight? I'll fight them. Forget about weight and things, just eat, don't limit yourself.'' Minho said handing him a burger which Jeongin took. ''Besides, you're already slim honey, gaining weight is fine but losing a shit ton of weight is definitely not fine.'' Minho added.

Jeongin smiled as he opened the burger and took a bite of it. 

''There you go, now what do you need help with?'' Minho asked with a smile.

''Everything.'' Jeongin said with a groan while the older only laughed.

''It's alright, it can be done.'' Minho said with a smile.

Minho continued teaching and guiding the younger as he also proof-read the younger's thesis. A few minutes later, Jeongin complained about being tired and losing braincells already making the older laugh.

The younger then started rummaging through the paper bag on the floor and looked for the jelly he was looking for. Because of this, Minho caught a glimpse of his neck that had red marks and bruises before but are now healing making Minho smile and proud of Jeongin.

''Where's the jelly? Ohh here it is.'' Jeongin said getting a bag of jelly beans. ''I remember bringing a pack of this to the uni and my bullies saw it and called me gay for having assorted jelly beans in my bag like what? What does jelly beans have to do with my sexuality? I swear they're just running out of things to insult me with.'' Jeongin said shaking his head while Minho just laughed at it.

''Do they still bother you?'' Minho asked.

''Who?''

''You know who.''

''Well they try to but I always hide from them. I've gotten pretty good at hiding because of it.'' Jeongin said and laughed. ''Ohh gummy worms.'' Jeongin said in excitement, opening the packaging with a smile on his face.

The younger carefully tied some of the worms to a knot before eating it while Minho just observed him.

''What usually happens if they find you?'' Minho asked, being mindful of the younger's reactions and expressions.

''Just like what you saw last time, call me names, warn me, get and mess my stuffs. They usually just do that, they only hurt me if I refuse to do what they want to happen, if I yell back at them but most of the time they don't hurt me.'' Jeongin said while Minho just sighed.

''You should know how to fight back Jeongin, you can't just let them harm you.''

''That'll only cause bigger troubles.'' Jeongin said and looked down.

''If they know that you can fight back, they'll eventually stop, they only hurt you because they know that you're not going to fight back.''  Minho said.

Jeongin remained quiet but a pout on his face is visible, he continued tying the worms in a knot before eating it. It's extra but it's something he likes to do, it makes him satisfied. (this reminds me of the video of a fennec fox eating meal worms that I saw on youtube. It's so adorable 🥺)

''I'm not urging you to fight your bullies what I'm telling you is that you should know how to protect yourself too, defensing yourself isn't bad.'' He added.