Prologue

POV: Amity Blight

I stared at her. Waiting for a response. Waiting for her to finish reading the note so she can finally tell me how she feels. She probably doesn't feel the same. I'm probably crazy now that I think about it. I mean what would everyone think... what would my parents think?! Not only am I dating a human, but I'm dating a girl! I knew this was a bad idea.

The thoughts made my stomach start to hurt. The nervousness eating up inside of me. I watched as her eyes read and re-read the note over and over as I gripped my books tightly. I closed my eyes, praying to Titian that this goes well. When I had opened them again, Luz was looking at me, having a look on her face I couldn't quite read.

"Amity I-" before Luz could finish, I snatched the note and started laughing, a little to loudly.

"HA HA! You thought I was b-being serious!" I struggled to say. Tears were starting to form as my face started to heat up. Luz put her hand on my shoulder, making me stop talking, but my inner panicking continued.

"Amity... you're a great person, and I... I'm sorry but I can't be with you." My books fell to the floor, the note seeming to fall 10x slower. I stared into her eyes, feeling empty, "I hope we can still be friends?"

"Y-yeah, friends" I felt my eye twitch slightly before I picked up my things. The tears were going to fall any second now, and I didn't want anyone to see me cry. I awkwardly smiled after gathering everything and started running towards the nearest bathroom, but before I could make it, I ran into Boscha, who immediately realized my state. She waved away her posse and put her hand on my chin.

"Are you okay?" She asked, for some reason sincere? I looked behind me at Luz who was staring at me, confused, then back at Boscha before shaking my head no. I knew if I spoke, it would be water works. She then sighed before saying "Go to the bathroom and wash yourself up, I'll go find out what happened, okay?"

"B-but don't h-hurt her, Boscha, I still l-" I tried to stammer out.

"It's okay Blight, I won't do anything too drastic." She then walked away from me. I wiped my eyes before running to the bathroom. When I got in, no one was inside, so I locked myself in a stall, putting down the toilet cover, and placed my things. My back hit the door and I slid down, letting my tears fall with me. I lay my head against the door, looking up towards the white ceiling. I closed my eyes every once in a while to get the tears out faster. Class was starting soon and I didn't wanna be late, but I'd rather be late then go to class looking the way I look now.

I quickly silenced my sobbing though, when I heard the bathroom door open. I sniffed quickly, but whoever was on the other side must have recognized me.

"Amity?" The person asked. They had a familiar, sweet, and gentle voice, but I couldn't tell who it was. I stayed silent. "Amity? Come on I know it's you!" I buried my head into my knee's and prayed they wouldn't find me, but I must have not sent the prayer fast enough, because someone opened my stall door. Darn those loose locks. "Amity! What happened!" I felt their warm embrace around my body. I looked up and saw Willow.

"W-Willow?" I stuttered out, surprised she would care. 

"What happened?" She sat on the floor next to me, wiping my tears with her thumb and the rest of her hand laid on my face.

"Luz re-" before I finished I remembered that the whole reason Willow was talking to me was because of Luz, no way could I tell her, "Never mind."

"I understand I guess," she wiped one last tear before standing up, "just let me know when you wanna talk about it." As she started to turn away, I noticed a photo in her pocket. Luz was on it, so I quickly grabbed it, making her turn around quickly, blushing more then I've ever seen her blush, "Amity!"