Chapter 7: Books

POV: Amity

I sunk to the floor, my sleeves wet from tears. Why didn't I realize it sooner? I was the problem. It was my fault. All of this happened because I was too weak to stand up to my freaking parents. It was all my fault. I tried to calm myself down but whenever I did I felt a wave of tears flooding back, that is until my watch went off. My eyes widened as I stared at my wrist, my tears coming to a halt. I have to leave in five minutes. I stood up, probably red faced, and ran to my locker. I lightly punched my locker, making it open immediately. I grabbed my things and ran to the front of the school. The creature was just about to leave when I made it to the door.

"Late I see, Miss Blight." The driver said as I stepped up the stairs, eyeing me up and down.

"Don't get used to it." I said sharply, catching him off guard. I couldn't help but notice a vaguely familiar brown haired boy, which was strange since I was usually the only one at Hexside who was apart of the Emperors Coven.

I sat in the front row, staring at the outside. I decided to distract myself from... earlier... I would try to think of a plan to get that book from Lilith's office without being caught. I could summon an abomination, but they are pretty loud and big so it wouldn't be hard to notice one walking around.

"Hey Blight!" I heard the boy yell, standing up in his seat.

"Yes?" I asked plainly, hiding my annoyance. He walked over to the seat across from me.

"I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Mattholomule." He held out his hand, I glared at it before looking back at him.

"And I know you from where?"

"We're in school together? Ex-President of the Human Appreciation Society? We spent some of the coven camp together? You seriously don't know me?" He took his hand away.

"Oh... eh kinda." I turned back to look outside, I could hear him groan.

"Can you show me around or something? I don't exactly know this place well."

"You'll be fine, Kikimora will help you." I kept my eyes fixed on the view, until my eyes widened, a plan starting to form. I looked back at him with a mischievous smirk on my face, "Hey, how about I give you a tour, but you have to do something for me."

"And that is...?"

"You have to guard a room for me while I look for a book."

"What? Are you crazy?!"

"It's really important, plus no ones even gonna care. It's in Lilith's office."

"I'm not doing your dirty work, ask another person, Blight."

"Well then I guess you will have to be late for work since you're so lost in that humungous castle! Guess you'll just be fired like I'm guessing you were from that little club of yours." I smiled. He seemed to be thinking about his options before glaring at me.

"A deals a deal. As long as you stop talking about that H.A.S. thing. That wasn't my fault."

"Whatever."

***

"Are you sure about this?" Matt whispered before I walked through the door.

"Yes I'm sure. It'll take like, two seconds! Just make sure no one comes in." I said annoyed, walking into the Lilith's office. The room was surprisingly large, but empty. She has a desk with a few picture frames and stationary on top, with a book shelf with a wide selection of books, and a few file cabinets. I probably should have asked Lilith for the specific location of this book...