Chapter 8: Practice

POV: Luz

I followed Amity into the kitchen, keeping my distance. Why did she think she was hurting me? I watched as she grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen, taking a few sips before staring out the window. I couldn't tell if she was glaring at it or not, since her reflection was washed out from the sun.

"Amity, are you sure you're okay?" I asked her. She turned around, I could tell she was relaxing her face after what I assumed was glaring.

"Luz. I'm fine." She turned back around, her grip on the glass tightening slightly. I walked over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Amity, I'm not gonna force you to talk, but I want to help you, and to do that we need to talk with each other." I made sure to keep my tone calm and soothing.

"Why would you try and help me after I've hurt you so much." She said, her eyes glued on the window as she placed the small glass of water down.

"What? You haven't hurt me Am."

"But I have." She paused before looking back at me, tears were starting to form in her eyes "I've done so much to you Luz, and you don't even realize it."

"Amity no," I put my hand on her cheek, she flinched before relaxing into it, "I don't know who said that you hurt me, but you're one of my best friends I've ever had. Ever. You could never hurt me."

"But Luz. This whole thing is my fault." She stared at me, seeming like she was zoned out, I saw a few tears start to fall, "I'm the reason this all happened. If I could just stand up to my parents... Willow wouldn't be suffering either. I just hurt everyone I meet. I'm just a mistake that no one wants around."

"Amity," I felt guilt rise into my chest. I wiped one of her tears with my thumb, keeping my hand on her cheek, "You are not a mistake. Amity... I love you-"

"You... love me?" She asked me, a shade of pink dusting her cheeks. I brought her into a hug.

"You are a great friend, I don't want anything to happen to you. I will make sure you never feel like this again, I promise." I noticed her fists tightened a little bit when I said the word friend, before she hugged me back. She kept crying into my shoulder as I rubbed her back. Whoever hurt her is going to regret it. No matter who it is.

"Are you coming?" I heard Mattholomule yell from outside the door, I groaned from annoyance as we backed away. I didn't wanna see him again. Amity wiped her eyes before opening the door for me. I left the house with Amity following close behind, "Why did it take so long to get water?" Matt asked, crossing his arms. Amity didn't say anything. She just grabbed her practice wand and started to walk over to Lilith, but was quickly stopped when Hooty went up to her.

"Looks like someone's in a mood HOOT HOOT!" Amity gripped her wand tighter after Hooty screamed in her face.

"Say one more word." She whispered.

"HOOT HOOT!" Hooty smirked. He obviously didn't take the hint. Amity swung her fist straight into Hooty's forehead. I started to run over to her and grabbed onto her when she tried to make another swing. She tried to wiggle out of my grasp, making it difficult to hold onto her.

"Come back here you little piece of-"

"Ow! What was that for?" Hooty asked, retracting back into the door.

"Okay enough fighting, we don't have a lot of time." Eda laughed. Amity calmed down, so I let her go. She dusted herself off and walked over to the Owl Lady, Matt not to far behind.

"Are you ready to try again?" Lilith asked, opening the book to where she was before. I walked over to Eda so I was out of the way. The spell being learnt was powerful. Getting mixed up in that could kill any person or witch... and not quickly.

I watched Mattholomule pick up a wand and manage to get the spell. Amity glared at him before trying the spell herself, with no prevail. I sighed. She tried again, but failed again as well. She started to panic a little before Lilith placed a hand on her shoulder, causing Amity to push it off of her. She tried again. This time she managed to get the spell, but it was only a tiny blast.

"Go Amity!" I smiled as I cheered. She looked over to me and blushed before looking back at the tree she used the spell on.

"So, you like the Blight girl, huh?" Eda smirked at me. I felt my face heat up slightly.

"Wh- what?" I stuttered.

"Well, now it's obvious. You definitely got a crush on her." She laughed at me.

"No I don't! Amity is just a friend. And I'm going away soon so it's not like it matters... but I don't like her like that."

"Sure you don't. Listen kid," she got serious for a minute, "I'm gonna miss you. A lot. But Amity is going to miss you as well. More then I am. Which is hard to believe. But Luz, you need to tell her how you feel, before it's to late."

"But Eda I-"

"Trust me. Or you'll regret it." Her serious tone melted into a smile before ruffling my hair and walking back inside, King following close behind. I was left dumbfounded. I don't like Amity like that. She's just my friend. She's probably over me anyway, so it's not like it matters. I don't even know what Willow would think. Am hasn't exactly been on her good side lately.

I looked back at Amity who had put down her wand. She slowly made a spell circle with her finger and as soon as she finished it, a bright purple light blasted. The tree she was pointing towards, gone. It's like it was never there. All that was left was a small fire where the trunk was.

I wasn't in love with Amity...

She turned to me excitedly. I smiled brightly at her as I ran over, hugging her tightly. Even Lilith was impressed.

...was I?

————————————————————
A/N: Ngl this chapter is much better then I thought it would be... or it's at least better then some of my previous chapters. Writing in Luz's perspective is definitely something I should start doing more often. Anyway, thank you guys so much for all of the support! I never expected to get this far at all, so given the fact we are already at 542 views is exciting! Special shout out to TheFlmingoCookie for helping me out. Only a few more chapters are left btw. Love you all