Chapter 8: Come Around

Macy's POV.

Ugh.

I woke up with a pounding headache. As I rolled to get out of bed, my world felt like it morphed together and started spinning. I got dizzy. Queasy.

Morning sickness.

After puking up what I hadn't even eaten yet, I decided on a warm shower. Lately that's all I want. Hot showers, fluffy pillows, sleep, and Nick. I let my mind run to a happy place while the warm water eased my tense body. Nick takes such good care of me. He's there, every day he gets off work he calls me to ask if I have any cravings, then he brings it home. Home. I've called this place home for a while now. It's been three weeks since we found out. I'm 6 1/2 weeks today. Nick hasn't told me how he feels yet.. He just makes sure I'm taken care of at all times. That's all he cares about.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my still small frame. I slipped on a white tank top and some black Victoria's Secret yoga pants. I tied my hair up in a messy bun, put on some makeup and shoes, and headed out to the Spice Shop. I decided since it was a sunny day, which was somewhat rare, that I would take my bike today. I got to the Spice Shop where Monroe and Rosalee were studying remedies for morning sickness. I walked in the door, hearing the noisy bell chime as I strolled in.

"Hi guys!" I waved.

"Hey little lady," Monroe said,

"it won't be too long before I can't call you that anymore!" he said poking my belly.

I giggled and hugged him. He's still in his 'protective blutbad stage'.

"Hi Rose!" I greeted, going into the cooking area to see a very happily concentrated Rosalee, mixing a tonic.

"I think I've got it sweetheart!" she chimed.

"Wait really? OH yes!" I said excitedly.

I couldn't wait to get some sort of relief. I can barely eat, drink, sleep without throwing up or getting super dizzy.

"Here," she handed me a glass of warm liquid that smelled like tea and lavender,

"drink up. It has no side effects, so don't worry about that." she smiled sweetly.

I took the cup and sipped it, afraid it might taste terrible, but it didn't. It was surprisingly great! After about a half hour, Monroe and Rose tried to get me to eat something.

"Come on, love. Its noon. You haven't eaten all day, this isn't good for you or the baby." Monroe rubbed my arm gently as to say he meant no harm.

I ate an apple cinnamon muffin and drank a glass of orange juice. Just after I finished eating, we heard the chimes of the bells on the front door and footsteps.

"Macy?" I heard Nick's voice call cautiously.

"In here!" Rose called with a smile.

Nick came into the room where a couch, coffee table and cot sat cozily. Monroe was sitting on the cot, and me and Rose were on the couch.

"She drank the tonic, Nick!"Rose said happily.

"And she ate too!" Monroe added.

Nick's eyes went wide as he sat down next to me, with an arm around my shoulders and one rubbing my leg softly.

"How do you feel?" He asked concerned.

"I feel...Great actually." I smiled at the people around me, so worried about me.

Nick let out a breath of relief as the other two did.

"Thank God." he said and chuckled as he kissed my bare shoulder.