Chapter 6: Fight

Macy's POV.
I've been here for a week, no sign of Nick or Sean. By now they think I've escaped, but I'm too smart for that. I've been laying low, underground, in closets, abandoned rooms. I can't understand what makes my dad want to do this job he does, its tiresome, but at least he has a team for backup. Me, I have nothing, guns I've been collecting and lifting after the idiots who leave them in the open. I'm waiting to move. I have to get out of here and find Nick before they find him.
I looked around for a phone I may be able to use, but cautious of who to call. Thankfully I've remembered some of the important numbers. As soon as I got to a phone I hid where no one could hear me and made the first call I thought of...
"Speak." I heard Sean's concerned and confused voice.
"Sean!" I let out a breath of relief in a loud whisper.
"Macy?" He asked.
"Sean you have to come for me bring anyone you can! You have to get me out of here they're going to kill me and then they're going to come for you!" I panicked slightly.
"Who?! WHO is Macy tell me where you are!"
"It's Julliette she's working with the Russians they're at the old warehouse on 15th you have to hurry-" I was cut off by everything going black again..
Ow.. my head. If I'm not badly concussed then I took a baddd blow to the head..
I'm captured. Again. This time they were decent enough to leave my clothes on. I'm taped and bound to a chair. I can't speak and my throat hurts bad.
I feel cold water on my face, waking me up abruptly, then a rush of pain to my nose causing my eyes to water and my face to throb.
"GET UP." A woman's voice said harshly.
My eyes opened with tears streaming down.
"Why are you doing this?" I asked weakly.
"Because. I will get what I want. Nick, to suffer." Julliete said.
"And what does any of this have to do with me?" I questioned.
"You're Nick's kryptonite. And when he finds you, and he will, I'm going to torture you slowly, violently and painfully until he's begging me for mercy." she grabbed a small knife, jabbing it in my leg, making me shout in pain.
"Starting with that." and left the knife there in my thigh.
"How do you know I won't get out again and kick your ass?" I asked.
I don't know where this newfound smart ass tough girl came from in me, but I like her.
"Because, boys!" She called and two men came in the door, wessen Id assume by the size of them. They proceeded to beat me black and blue until I was pouring blood from my mouth, nose and forehead. I was weakened. Even if I wanted to escape right now there was no way I could. I tired to move, but even the slightest shift made me wince in pain and let more tears out. I gave in. I felt the warmth of my own blood on my face, drop down my neck and I began to get sleepy. The tiredness took over me and I collapsed still tied to the chair, hanging my head down weakly falling asleep.
I don't know how much time passed by before I heard a loud bang almost like an explosion, then a horrid growl followed by footsteps of high heeled shoes coming from behind me.
Whoever it was, I was awake, alert and focused now, ready to fight. Or die trying. I felt someone very close behind me and small hands cutting the tape from my hands chest and feet.
"Who are you?" I asked as I couldn't see due to it being pitch black now.
"Nevermind who I am. You need to get out of here, ALIVE. You need to fight Macy." the woman's voice said.
"How do you know my name?" I asked as I pulled the last bit of tape from my body.
"None of that matters, listen to me we don't have much time. Weapons are straight behind me, as are emergency glow sticks." She said as she tied a thick fabric around my thigh to stop the bleeding. I remembered my face being covered in blood and tried wiping it but flinching at myself.
"Don't worry about those wounds they'll heal. Your leg too, barely missed the artery. Now go! Quickly! Fight Macy and fight hard they WILL kill you if you don't." the woman said and dissapeared.
I let my hands out infront of me and limped to a table where there were guns and knives and a few grenades. I stocked up and prepared myself for what was about to happen. I took a breath and crept out of the room to find two armed guards on either side of the door. I swung, trying not to kill them but hurt them enough so they won't come back for me. It wouldn't work, I used the oozie in my left hand and pulled the trigger recklessly and sprayed the two guards until they hit the ground. More people heard the gunshots and came running. I killed some but was outnumbered. I really did have a price on my head that I still haven't gotten yet! I was cornered, being kicked while I was down holding my stomach. My ribs were surely broken. I couldn't breathe. Suddenly, I heard gunshots and that scary growling again, sending the men to the floor where I was. A pair of strong arms pulled me up to my knees where I barely was able to support myself.
"Macy, oh Macy thank god you're alive!" I heard the familiar voice say.
"Sean?" I whispered and looked up trying to regain vision,
"Sean!!" I almost shouted in relief as I threw my hands around his neck and squeezed, not caring about my ribs.
He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the side of my head.
"You don't have a clue how happy I am to see you." Sean said in relief.
We heard shouting voices in the distance and I looked at Sean with a scared expression.
"We need to move, now." he said and I nodded.
He effortlessly lifted me to my feet and picked up the guns from the dead men beside us. We both ran out of the hall way, killing anyone in our path that wasn't on our side. We almost killed them all when a man, older looking maybe in his forties, came around the corner and shot me, through and through on my right side of my chest sending me to the ground.
"You're hit!" Sean said as he killed off the last few men and ran to my side.
"I'm fine, we need to go Sean she's going to come for us." I whimpered.
"I already have." Juliette said and cocked her gun.
Sean voged and went to move at her, but I grabbed his arm.
"No. This is my fight." I said weakly and he helped me up reluctantly.
"Macy get out of here." he said low.
"Sean. I have to settle this." I said.
"Come on Juliette. It's just you and me." I said as I held a knife in my hand ready to fight with the little bit of strength in me.
She swung at me and hit me hard, but I swung back unaffected and sliced her face.
"Come on little girl, you don't have what it takes to kill me. You know it would hurt Nick, and you can't hurt him." She said with her fists up.
She hit me again, and again and another time. A kick to the face got me on the ground fast enough. For being a skinny woman she could hit hard, but she wasn't tactical at all. She took my knife and had it to my throat ready to kill me with a smirk on her face. With my free hand I punched her in the temple causing her to be distracted enough for me to get free and throw her off of me. I stood up now, strong and tall. She was standing but doubling over, so I kicked her in the face and grabbed a metal pipe next to me. With a crazy growl, she lost all mental control and ran at me as if she would rip my throat out with her bare hands. I swung the pipe as hard as my fragile, injured and weak body would let me, knocking her to the ground, and this time she was too injured to get up. Bleeding from her head, I walked over to her with my glock.
"You won't do it girl." she laughed at me.
I crouched low beside her,
"You're right, just one more thing." I winked before rearing back with the butt of my gun and smashing it down on her teeth, knocking them out and making her cough up blood.
"That's for Nick. Crazy bitch." I said as I stood up.
"And this is for me, see you in hell."
I shot her in the head. Then turned to Sean and dropped my gun, limping into his arms with tears in my eyes. He knew. He knew it was so hard for me to be violent in any way. He knew what these people did to me, tortured me to the edge of my psyche. Physically destroyed me.
"It's over Mace. It's over now." he shushed me.
I limped out of the doors, dripping blood, sore, in pain, tired, hungry. All of it. I was thinking of how long it would take for my body to break and my blood loss to cause me to collapse. But then as I opened the doors I saw him. Standing there, being held back by Hank and Wu and Monroe. I felt a warmth take over me, something that felt like heaven. I limped, barely even a limp, more like a scoot of one foot as Nick ran to me and crashed his lips into mine, not caring who was around.
"I love you. I love you, I love you Nick Burkhardt." I cried with joy and relief that I was back in his arms and we were all safe. I saw Monroe with a soft worried look and I smiled, still crying with all the emotions I couldn't help it. I reached out my arms to him and cried as he returned the hug tightly.
"I'm so sorry." he began to say.
"No. Monroe it's not your fault it's not anyone's fault." I said.
"Sean." I turned around to see my wounded father figure standing about the same way I was, except he composed himself very well.
I went to limp into his safe arms again, but I'd lost too much blood. I remember seeing his smile fade as fast as my vision did. I collapsed onto the ground.
I remember a light. I remember being warm, like being cuddled up perfectly in bed on a wintery night, or like falling asleep while laying in the warm sun on the beach. I remember it being light and blissful, then waking up to loud sirens and people all around me. I had an oxygen mask and Nick was putting pressure on my chest with a white towel.
"Stay with me baby, please stay awake." Nick begged me as my eyes began to close again.
"No no no no!" I heard him call as his voice faded more and more away.

I woke up three days later in the comfort of a hospital bed. Looking around, I saw balloons,flowers, teddy bears and cards everywhere, covering every shelf possible. I looked to my left and saw Nick resting his head on my bedside, asleep. When I looked down, my face hurt extremely bad.
"Nick?" I said, waking him up.
His head shot up and he was relieved. A smile lit up his face and he kissed my hand.
"Hey." he whispered.
"Hi. How long was I asleep?" I asked.
"Three days." Nick replied.
"I'll go get the doctor, ok?"

I waited for him and the doctor to return, and Nick had a nervous look.
"Macy, glad to see you're awake." the doctor said sweetly.
"Thank you." I said.
"How do you feel?" He asked me.
"Well, sore, in a bit of pain. Am I okay?" I asked.
"Well there's good news, and there could be more good news." he started.
Nick walked over to me and held my hand gently.
"Macy, you're a very lucky girl. Your wounds will heal, and by miracle the baby is okay. Perfectly healthy." the doctor said.
"Wait. what? What baby?" I asked.
"Yours. You're 5 weeks pregnant, Macy." he replied.
"I'm pregnant?" I looked at Nick with teary eyes.
"I'll give you two some privacy." The doctor said and walked out, closing the door behind him.
"Nick.. Were having a baby?" I asked still in shock.
"Yes, we are..." he trailed not knowing what to say.
"This is, this... this is all too soon I mean we're not even married! We're not even dating. Are we dating?? I don't even know and my DAD he's going to kill me! He's going to kill YOU! I mean how do you tell your bestfriend that you're having a baby with his daughter?! Oh my god. Oh my god!" I put my head in my hands and let my tears fall uncontrollably. I really was over emotional right now. And Nick..Hes so sweet. He just rubbed my back and held me while everything processed.
"It's all going to work out baby.. We don't need to worry about any of that. Lets get you better, get you home and comfortable and then when you're ready to do anything, well do it together. For now, just rest." he said.
"Nick where's Rose? I need her." I said wiping away tears that kept coming.
"Okay, she's downstairs I'll go get her." Nick said and left.
Not but a few minutes went by before Rosalee was knocking at the door.
"Rose!" I said helplessly as I stretched my arms toward her.
"Oh sweetie!" She said teary eyed and hugged me tightly.
"Rose what do I do? I'm so scared. Is this even real?" I asked between tears.
"I don't know what we're going to do but you and Nick are not alone. You know you have Monroe and I here for you 100%. Everything is going to be alright."