CHAPTER 2: Monroe & Macy's Talk

A/N: this takes place a week later! Macy has already gotten a full wardrobe and basically everything she had back at home, even a new car! Macy has been feeling a little left out lately due to Nick having to work on cases. He's notified that there were some people involved with the drug operation, in Portland. Nick is becoming more worried for Macy and twenty times more protective. While Macy is fighting the feeling that she could like Nick, she doesn't want anyone to know, he is 32 and she's almost 20. It's a big age difference, and she's almost sure that Nick wouldn't approve.

Nick and I went to Monroe's on his day off. He insisted that we spend the day together and that I stay closer to him more often. Clearly I had a lot of questions now. We were all sitting in Monroe's living room, talking after breakfast. Monroe noticed The way Nick and I interact with each other and gave me a weird look. A few moments later, Nick patted my leg and took my coffee cup.
"I'm gonna go take these to the kitchen." He said, smiling at me. I nodded at him and smiled back.
Monroe waited for Nick to leave and shot me a glare,
"You LIKE him!" He whispered low.
"What?! Who?!" I whispered back.
"NICK!" Rosalee chimed in. My face turned red. The secret was out. Was it that hard to hide?!
"Please don't tell him! Or anyone! I feel so stupid!" I said with my hands in my face. I felt my face get so hot, assuming it was beat red by now. Monroe put his hand on my shoulder,
"Sweetie, your secrets safe with us, and you have my blessing." Monroe said to me with a serious look.
"Our blessing! I think Nick would give the world for you. Can't you tell by the way he looks at you?" Rosalee added.
"He's a family friend though and he's 12 years older than me! Oh I'm so stupid!!" I rested my head in my hands again. Nick came back in the room, sitting down beside me, making sure to playfully nudge me in the process.

"Hey!" I shouted giggling.
He tickled my sides, sneaking his arm behind me and around my waist. Rosalee gave me a cheeky look as if she was up to something.
"Hey guys! So I was thinking, while Macy is still here. Maybe we should go on a double date!" She spoke out loud.
We all looked at here, I was a bit confused, Monroe and I exchanged weird looks, and Nick was smiling.
"Yeah, absolutely I think we should it'll be great!" Nick said to us.
We all agreed for it to be two nights from then.

When we got home, Nick seemed quiet, so I had to ask. I sat down at the kitchen table while he moved around the kitchen to get us drinks.
"Hey Nick?" I started.
"What's up?" He asked me in return to my curiosity.
"You seem like something's bothering you, is everything okay? With my dad, with us?"
"With your dad, not so much. With us, never better. Why?"
"Wait, what? What's wrong with him is he okay?! Nick is my dad alright?"
"Yes, yes he's fine. There was reports of some drug dealers in the area. Macy I need to keep you safe, they WILL try to hurt you." He said, more serious than ever. He put his head in his hands, his elbows resting on the table. I got up from my chair, walked over to him, and removed his hands from his face. I turned his chin up and placed both my hands on his jaws. That moment when Nick looked up at me with worried eyes, I couldn't think of anything in this world but him.
He placed his hand on mine and rubbed it which sent chills all over my body.
"Nick, I trust you. What do you need me to do?"
"Well for starters, I need you to give me a minute to realize that the little freckled faced kid I knew is standing in front of me, all grown up." Nick said in a low whisper. He stood up and took a better look at me.
"I'm sorry, can I just hug you right now?" He asked, pulling me into his warm arms. I giggled at the emotional range he had just experienced.
"Nick?" I said to him looking up.
"Hmm?" He looked down at me for a long moment, waiting for my reply.
"Uh-hum-ahh.. Thank you..for keeping me safe. " I stalled. How was I supposed to tell him that I like him and could possibly be falling for him!? He's a cop. My dad's friend. Known me all my life. WHAT was I thinking!?

Later that night, I got changed into my pajamas. I couldn't stop thinking about him.. It's like I didn't care that someone was trying to kill me. I didn't care that he's a grimm. It was actually more attractive than ever! I was laying in bed, when suddenly reality hit me. Nick doesn't want me. I'm 12 years younger than him. He's grown and has a career, a house, friends that are older than me too. He's got his life in line and I'm a year out of high school. There was never a chance. I spent most of the night in tears, beating myself up over it. I just wanted to be in his arms. I wanted him to be the one holding me when I cried. Not the reason I cried. I got up out of bed and tip toed into Nick's bedroom. For a moment, I stood in the doorway admiring him, he was sleeping so soundly. I wiped the rest of my tears away and crept to the bed. I crawled up next to Nick and he rolled over and smiled, still asleep. He wrapped me in his arms, and I nuzzled my head into his chest, wrapping my arms around him too. There was his scent, he smelled so amazing, it was like a drug. It gave me the urge to do more, to kiss him, to say it. I of course resisted, I ended up falling asleep, right there in the comfort of Nick Burkhardt's arms.