Present day

Charlotte lay in her bed watching as nick got dressed and smiled slightly at the thoughts of their younger years that had been consuming her all day.
"Nicky?" He humming unbottoning his shirt. "Do you ever think about how we were when we were younger?" He chuckled to himself slipping his skirt off and undoing his belt.
"Me always chasing you around? That adorable ribbon you would wear in your hair? The gloves? The constant studying? Never. Why do you ask?" She smiled propping herself up on her elbows.
"I've just been thinking about it lately... do you ever wish we could go back to that?" He smiled climbing into bed with her.
"No..." he took her hand on his holding it up above them looking at it. "I couldn't touch you back then..." she paused for a moment her eyes going from their hands down his arm to his face, he was still looking up and she smiled pulling her hand away to rest it on his cheek.
"Nick... about... everything that's happened-"
"Lottie we don't have to-"
"We do nick. I hurt you a lot this past year."
"And I hurt you..." she looked down. And sat up letting out a huff.
"I'm sorry Nick... I've said and done horrible things and- well I regret it all. I can't help thinking that if..."
"If Sabrina hadn't signed her name it wouldn't have happened..." he finished her train of thought as if he knew.
"We were happy before nick. And we're happy now but... we went through a lot of pain because of her."
"Lottie... it's not her fault... well some of it is but some of its-"
"My fathers?" He nodded sitting up to face her.
"I never told you... what happened the night I told Sabrina I loved her." Charlotte looked at him and gulped slightly as he continued. "He came to me a few days before. He told me I have to lie in order to save you. At the time I didn't know what it was about until that night. He told me I would have to break your heart or he-" a tear slipped from nick as he looked away. "Or he would let edwards curse consume you." Her jaw dropped slightly as she moved closer to hold him. She kissed his shoulder resting her chin there as he cried. "He showed me visions of how it would happen... I couldn't let you go through that Lottie. I'm sorry I hurt you but... I couldn't- I" he choked on a sob and held onto her arm as he cried.
"Nicky it's okay... calm down... it's alright. It didn't happen. He didn't win. He never will okay. My poor Nicky... he put you through so much..."
"I wanted to save you. That's why I took him on. And then when I came back and you were set to marry that dick... I thought it was his doing I really thought I had lost you."
She shook her head holding him tightly.
"You never could nick. Sabrina made that pretty clear before when we finished the pagans..." he looked at her frowning almost questioning what she meant. "It's silly really... but we didn't win the first time." He turned his body to face her and held her hand in both of his.
"What do you mean?"  She laughed a little and frowned trying to remember.
"Sabrina said there was two times we fought them. The first and then she reversed time and that was the second. The first time is... messy. In that time I did bond with caliban... but Sabrina was encased in stone by him. I decided to come back from hell and say my goodbyes... I saw you in the middle of a fight with the pagans so I rushed to help. I was stabbed through the neck..." nick looked at her in horror and she smiled a little "you tried to warn me... but you sent me back... you wouldn't let me see what happened to you. Sabrina didn't say how you died but you did... along with everyone else we love. Caliban laid me to rest at the feet of your remains. Then Sabrina reversed time and now here we are."
Nick kissed her hand attempting to stop his own tears.
"You died trying to save me." She scoffed nodding.
"You know I would every time." He smiled nodding slowly.
"Come on lottie. Let sleep... we have a busy few weeks especially with sabrinas birthday coming up." She smiled getting under the covers and shutting the light off.
"You're right. Let's hope this one goes a lot smoother than the last." He chuckled as he pulled her into his embrace.
"When hell freezes over my love." She smiled edging closer to his warm body. " I love you lottie."
"I love you too Nicky."