The day the world changed

It had been quite a long day for the permanent students at the academy. Charlotte for one was particularly exhausted as she sat on the steps reading a book. She was in pure bliss for a moment until the book was gone from her hands.
"Well little lottie what are we reading today?" She rolled her eyes at the warlock and huffed.
"Give it back nick I'm not in the mood for games." He looked at the book for a moment before handing it back.
"Why do you study so much if you know what he will say?" She opened the book back on her page attempting to block him out.
"I don't know what you mean." Nick came to sit next to her.
"Blackwood said it himself. We are only children and you have the grades of a 16 year old. Lottie you're at the top of every class we have and he doesn't care. Slow down for a while you know it won't impress him."
"If you mean my father than-" the wind changed direction and she paused.
"What?" Charlotte looked around for a moment and narrowed her eyes.
"Somethings wrong... nick tell Blackwood I'm going to the spellmans..." before he could protest the young girl ran the far distance to the family home. "Aunties! Cousin ambrose! What's happened!" She was stopped in her tracks when a tiny Sabrina latched around her waist. The aunts stood in the doorway. Even Zelda had shed a tear.
"My dear girl..." she looked down at Sabrina and closed her eyes. She knew in her heart. Her father was dead.

The day of the funeral they all sat in silence as the coffin was taken away Charlotte wasn't sure what to do with herself. Her life could complete change. She stayed in place as the others left when a man sat by her side.
"I suppose we call you father Blackwood now?" He hummed in yes and looked down.
"Charlotte... I am no stranger to your struggles. I know how uneasy you must be now. But I am here to put that mind of yours to rest." She gave him a look and looked at the portrait of her father with a gulp. "It is completely your choice but if you wish to continue to live at the academy it will be arranged however you may take some time away... I know of the infliction your father caused... Charlotte I would like to help you... I would like to rid you of this illness so you may grow up to have a normal life." She looked at the new leader of the church and gasped
"He told me it couldn't be done..."
"He lied. Think about it Charlotte... come to me tomorrow with your decision." He got up and left the girl alone thinking about what she must do.