FIVE

Maeve POV

"What happened to me?" I ask Wells, he turns in that stupid chair of his, "What?" He says. "Why the hell did you turn me into one of your science experiments?! I keep hearing a voice in my head, and now I've got super speed." I exclaim.

I feel someone staring at me, I look towards the person, "Allen?" I say in confusion. That's weird, I feel a weird connection to him, "Dr. Hale?" Barry asks. "Yo. What the hell happened to me?" I ask.

"Hey, what is that?" Cisco asks, I follow where he is pointing, there seemed to be an energy coming off of me, and connecting to Allen. "What the hell?" I say, I stare at the energy, this was the same energy I saw when my parents were killed.

Barry POV

Mae seemed to be in a trance while staring at the energy coming off her, "Just like that night..." She whispers, "Um, what are you talking about?" I ask. She glares lightly at me, "None of your business Allen." She says

-Time Skip-

"S.T.A.R. Labs has not been operational since FEMA categorized us as a class four hazardous location. Seventeen people died that night. Many more were injured, myself amongst them." Dr. Wells says.

"Unlike Allen, I never wanted to come here. I've never trusted you Wells, and now you've proven why. I warned you that it was dangerous to activate the Particle Accelerator." Mae says, "Jeez. What happened? Also, you should've listened to Dr. Hale." I say.

"Nine months ago, the Particle Accelerator went online exactly as planned. For forty-five minutes, I had achieved my life's dream, and then... then there was an anomaly. The electron volts became immeasurable, the ring under us popped, energy from that detonation was thrown into the sky, and that, in turn, seeded a storm cloud..." Dr. Wells explains.

"...that created a lightning bolt that struck me." I say, "It was dark matter Wells. It was what hit me when I was visiting my parents." Mae says.

-Time Skip & Maeve's POV-

I feel an almost comforting aura appear around me, "Woah. That energy is seeming to envelop you." Cisco says, "Ok, I have to admit that was cool." I say with a small smile.