four

September 14th
Compton, California

"We gotta prove you with us." Charles said, cleaning a gun with a blue rag. I nodded slowly and looked at the other guys in the car, two face faces didn't know, one I did. "It's a easy hit. We go in, stick to jewelry and shit we can cash in. Stay away from shoes and clothes and shit like that."

I nodded again and looked down when Devante held out a hand gun. "It's a .44 glock. You do your thing, you keep it. You don't? I use it to blow your pretty head off." My eyes widened but he chuckled and grabbed my hand before resting the gun in it. "I'm just fuckin' with you, cuh. Relax."

Looking down, the gun felt heavier than I expected. I've never held a gun before.. let alone had the intentions to use it.

Once the car stopped, I looked up and saw we were outside of a residential area, the houses looking way more well kept then where I'm from. "Masks on." Charles said so I sat the gun in my lap before grabbing the blue bandana I was handed and used it to wrap around the lower half of my face.

Then, Charles gave us the go ahead to run up to the house. The two guys stayed back; one behind the wheel and another posting outside of the house we were robbing.

Charles knocked on the door and we waited for an answer, once no one responded, he shoved a flathead screwdriver into the side of the door and worked his magic. The lock popped open and the door slowly creaked as he pushed it open. "Delivery!" He called out just in case. Again, no answer. "Let's go."

I slid the gun into my waistband before walking in, the door closing behind us. "Y/nn, take the back rooms." I nodded and walked down the halls of the nice looking house. The paint looked fresh, the air was sweet and non gas smelling.

But I wasn't here to examine the house so I went into the first room and saw it was a kids room, a bunch of toys and stuffed animals. I walked back out.

The next room, luckily, was the master bedroom and I instantly saw designed boxes on the dresser. Bingo.

I pulled off my black backpack and unzipped it before flipping over the lid of the box to see piles of jewelry. Watches, chains, rings. I shook my head at the galore before dumping the entire box into my backpack, then moving to check the drawers.

As I closed the drawer, I made the desk shake lightly and something fell on the other end of the dresser. A picture frame. I picked it up and saw a family of four. The older looking man wearing a uniform, a police uniform.

Not these niggas choosing a house owned by a damn pig.

I fixed the picture and once I got everything I could find, I moved to another room, this one seeming to be a teens.

There were basketballs and trophies. I nodded slightly, white boy has taste, I thought when I saw majority Jordan posters. Then I pulled open his drawer and saw a drum pad, or, beat pad.

"Woah.." I mumbled and slowly lifted it up. I've always wanted one ever since I saw it on a commercial back in japan. This the type of shit that Dr. Dre uses. I gotta have it. I started out of the room to tell the boys what I had found.

"Yo-" My eyes widened when I heard a gun cock, the barrel pointed at Charles. I quickly slid back behind the wall and felt my heart slam against my chest within the second. Oh shit!

"You think you niggers can come into my house and try to steal from me? Huh?!" I gulped when I heard shuffling, my eyes taking me over to see the man dragging Devante out from another room before shoving him next to Charles. "I kill enough of you for breakfast, what's a few more?"