twelve

I sat on the couch as I watched Maru stand at the mic behind the small booth, switching between flows with singing and rapping. It was pretty crazy to me as to why he never decided to pursue music. He's nineteen working at a sports utility store while also attending a junior college.. I'm not gonna knock on taking the educational path but he obviously had talent. He can most definitely make it.

"Why have you been so quiet?" I raised my head when he walked out, pressing the button to stop the music before taking a chair at the soundboard. "You good?"

I nodded. "Yeah." He gave me a look as if he knew I was lying, making me sigh and shake my head. "No.."

"Alright, talk to big bro." He said and leaned back while resting his left ankle on his right knee.

How do I even tell him? It was embarrassing as hell but if I could tell anyone and expect honest feedback, it would be from him. "About a week ago, on Halloween, remember I told you I was planning to get with Jhené?" He nodded. "And I did."

"What's bad about that?"

"It was like ten seconds." His mouth fell agape as he took in a breath, looking away as he cleared his throat. "Yeah.. that's what's bad." I dropped my head with a huff, not believing how truly shitty it must've been for her. I'm not too familiar with the female anatomy but maybe they needed more, I don't know, time? But how much time because those ten seconds felt like a lifetime to me..

"Listen, it happens to the best of us, okay? Especially for a first time so don't beat yourself up. Now, if you were one of my boys I'd clown the hell outta you but ima put you on game instead." I looked up with raised eyebrows when he grabbed papers off of the desk, a marker, then scooted forward and set it on the table between us. "You're lucky Senpai Maru is here to help you. I'm not a bragger but I am very pleasing in the sheets so.."

I watched intently when he wrote three words on the paper in a column. "Foreplay.. play.. post play?" I looked up with my eyebrow furrowed. "I have no idea what that means."

He pointed the marker at me. "Exactly. And you'd be surprised that someone who's had sex thirty times still skips the first step so, don't feel bad. The most important step-" He pointed at foreplay. "It'll make or break your time, kid."

"What is it?" I questioned because I've truly never heard of that word in my life.

He simply smiled. "Most of men's or, in this case, your form of foreplay would be visual right? We'd watch a porno or flip through some magazines and that's easy arousal for us. Women are different. They need touching and caressing and all types of loving.. not just 'stick ya dick in' loving." I breathed a chuckle out through my nose but nodded, watching him draw something on another paper that I've only seen in anatomy health class.

He pointed at it. "Vagina. This is not the cherry on top.." He dragged the cap of the marker up and pointed at a small, bean looking thing he drew. "This is, okay? It's called the clit and if you hit this just right, you'll probably make her scream." My eyes widened at his words but he quickly clarified. "In a good way, Y/nn."

"Oh okay. So like.. you hit it?" He closed his eyes and huffed. "That's what you said."

"I wasn't being literal- have you ever had a pudding cup without a spoon and gotten to the bottom so you lick the cup to get every drop? Like, trying to reach all the crevices?" I nodded. "That's what you do to this." I hummed and stared at the drawing, trying to engrave that image in my head. "But you don't jump straight to that. As I said, foreplay in all about different types of loving."

And he taught me more than I thought was possible. This whole time I thought that sex just consisted of doing it and being done but that was not the case. There were levels to this shit and I failed each one! The foreplay- skipped entirely, the play- didn't have enough foreplay so I failed that, and the post play I made awkward by just being quiet and thinking more about myself then her.