Chapter Eleven

Hi guys! Sorry for the long update time! Please read and enjoy and feel free to vote and comment! Each one makes me feel so special! Thank you so much for reading! I'm at 2k reads! Enjoy!
~*~

As the door slowly opened up, I heard heavy footsteps enter the room and walk over to the bed.

I felt myself tense up, but was unable to open my eyes to see who it was. I was so exhausted...

"Miss Caster?" I heard a soft voice ask. I groaned internally, but also relaxed a bit. The voice was distinctly feminine.

With a great deal of effort, I slowly opened my eyes to see a young girl with dark skin, wavy black hair, and eyes that were a startling green. She was wearing the standard guard armor and I pushed myself up, leaning against the pillows.

"Hello," I replied, watching her. Her sword was safely at her side and her posture was relaxed. Her hand was nowhere near her hip, however I still remained rather tense, ready to move if I had to.

"I was sent here to give you a tour of the entire place. After that, we'll have dinner," Green Eyes said.

"Alright," I said, forcing myself out of the bed. My limbs cried out in protest and I struggled to ignore them.

"What's your name?" I asked as I got up.

"Jasmine," she replied. I nodded my head.

"I'm Hunter. Hunter Caster. Please don't call me 'Miss Caster.' Hunter works just fine."

"Alright, M- Hunter," she agreed.

I smiled slightly at her and motioned for her to lead the way.

She quickly left and I followed, watching her closely in case she decided to pull something. However, I found myself a bit distracted by the sway of her hips.

"The first stop is the garden areas. They're very elegant. In fact, fifty-five women take care of the gardens everyday. You'll be amazed at how beautiful they are," Jasmine said, looking at me and smiling. She had a very nice smile that lit up her face and I nodded.

I sincerely doubted that I would like the gardens, but I wasn't going to tell Jasmine that. She seemed nice enough.

She walked briskly out the doors and I followed, looking around the building as I did so. It felt like I was in a maze, everything was so confusing.

"You should be very honoured. He hardly lets anyone into the gardens," Jasmine said, motioning for me to walk faster.

"Oh. Lucky me... But what is the point of having a garden if He doesn't let people enjoy it?" I asked, picking up my pace.

"Well isn't it obvious?" She replied as though I was stupid. "He has the gardens to say that he has them. People love to have and to keep beautiful things. Why do you think you're here?"

I snorted at that. I wasn't ugly, but I wasn't breath taking either.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said.

She rolled her eyes and sighed before saying, "you have power, brains, and beauty. You make a good trophy. If he can show you off to the world and show that you're loyal to him, he'll gain more respect. Didn't you know? You've struck up rebellion all across the world."

I paused and looked at her before asking softly, "how?"

She laughed then. But it wasn't a nice laugh. "You're a pretty white girl who can fight. You help those in need. And everyone loves a good Robin Hood. Especially one with boobs."

I nodded my head and said more to myself than to her, "The Huntress wasn't real at first. She was a myth that I made up to appease the little orphan children. They took to it immediately and soon she was everyone's favorite story."

Jasmine paused and stared at me for a long moment before nodding her head.

"Come on, white girl. We have stuff to do."

I nodded and followed her to the garden areas, all the while thinking about the fact that I really was doing something worth fighting for. Somehow, the story of me had spread all across the world.

And in that moment, everything felt wonderful. I knew that I could make a difference. I could truly change the world.

I closed my eyes tightly and whispered a silent thank you to whoever was listening, praying it reached Harlow's little ears.

"Thank you."