Chapter 14

“So Luna what did you get?” Melia asked after we all stopped laughing at John trying to make up to Olivia.

“Not telling, you’ll just have to see later.”

“Whatever it is I bet it’s beautiful Eivanna.” Claire said.

“It’s perfect for her.” Jackson said.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, “How would you know Jackson?”

“Cause….Itookapeak.” He said quickly thinking I wouldn’t hear it.

“I knew you took the bag for a reason.”

“No that’s not the reason, but after I took it I got really curious. Its a lovely dress and someone will be….”

“Shush Jackson, you’re giving out too much information.” I said quickly before he continued with the road he was heading down. If he had continued I have a feeling I’d be blushing. I wonder if it would’ve had an affect on Donovan.

I felt Donovan stare at me, probably trying to picture me in a dress. “Stop it.” I whisper without looking at him and he jumped, then cleared his throat.

“Okay, so is everyone ready to go?” He asked. As soon as he finished Melia and Olivia started complaining. So Diotanz came up with the idea of them staying and us leaving.

While we were leaving he and I talked. “So did you have fun?”

“It was a little fun, although I wish the girls didn’t drag me away from you the whole time. Oh and those dresses they had me try on, were not me. You’d think after Claire has….followed….my career that she would understand my style and design. Speaking of style and design, I know you said Mariah was setting up the clearing for the ceremony but I was wondering if I could help and/or watch.”

“I don’t think she’ll mind. After that I have a surprise for you okay Beautiful.”

“Okay, so how long do I have?”

“What do you mean?”

“As in how long do I have with Mariah.”

“Um….” He furrowed his eyebrows trying to figure out what to say. “I...I don’t know, however long it takes.”

“Sorry, I think I converted back to the old way. I always had a time limit to do stuff. Whether or not it be cleaning, cooking, or just coming out of my room to do something, I always had a time limit.”

“Beautiful Eivanna you don’t have to seek for permission or time limits anymore, okay?”

“I know, but sometimes old habits are hard to kick.”

So I realized it only takes close to thirty minutes to get to the mall from the road leading up towards the ‘hotel’ house. And just like the other night I was hardly paying attention. But when we got closer to the house I saw a lot of pack members out and about. As we pulled to a stop, in the front, and got out, some of the them waved or nodded in notice of their Alpha’s. I couldn’t help but wave back, which caused Diotanz to chuckle.

Walking into the house, little miss perky came bouncing around the corner from our right. “Luna, Luna, Luna. Hey Luna.”

“Hello Annie, it’s nice to see you bright eyed and cheery again.”

She stopped bouncing and blushed while, almost whispering, “You remembered my name.”

“That I did. I wouldn’t be able to forget a perky thing like you, even though you’re one of a kind.” I say closing the short distance between us and kneeling in front of her. “Your hair is lovely, so many curls.”