Chapter 29

My eyes opened to a lovely sight for sore eyes, and if my eyes were sore, he’d still be worth seeing. My head was killing me, so I closed my eyes and groaned, trying to hold my head, but my arms were too heavy to lift. Why did I feel so sore?

I opened my eyes again, but what was in front of me wasn’t Donovan, it was Jasmine and Evan Torres being lifted out of a car wreck. I hopped up off the ground and spun around, then back to the mess. For some reason I wanted to walk over there, I wanted to make sure she was alive and as I wanted, I was granted.

She was on a stretcher now, almost to the truck. I walked over there and looked her over. My hand lifted and placed on her head, her eyes shot opened and found me.

“Th...hann...k….y...ou?” Say tried to say, but it came out as a question as well.

“I….We….Just,” I sighed, “Live.” Is all I could say, I wanted to say more, I really did but. Sighing again, I closed my eyes.

I haven’t had parents my whole life, and I just saved mines, well minus my dad, but still I saved the ones that would have been, should have been. Saving them means that they might be, right? Did I do the right thing? Did I save them for me? Or for their parents? Or for them? Do I want them in my life? How...did...I can’t.

All of a sudden tears sprang into my eyes, so I closed them and they ran down my cheeks and my heart started breathing fast, as well as my breathing. It felt like I couldn’t breathe. All I wanted, all I ever truly wanted was to be loved, and I got that, with this pack. Although, I don’t think anybody in this pack could give me the love of my true parents. Even if they were there, they tried. That’s the thought that counts, right? Or maybe the thought is that I couldn’t let them die? I couldn’t let their life waste away?

I fell to my knees holding my chest and trying to breathe, but nothing was helping. They’re still not okay. They still have to survive, to live, to come and find me. To be the parents they’re suppose to be. To love me, to….to….to fucking care. To care about me like parents are suppose to be. To be my parents.

Then his voice filter behind my eyes. “Beautiful? Are you okay?”

I don’t know why, but I got a spark and anger and punched the ground with the word, “They have to live.”

“They will Eivanna, they are for more than their parents, but also for you. They will for you.” And those words from Elise had my eyes opening and turning to her, she was actually on my right side, while Donovan’s on my left.

“Really?” I breathed out, which had so much hope in my voice it scared me. I didn’t know I wanted them so much. I knew I wanted them to survive, but now I realize I was hoping for it.

“Yes, yes Eivanna, for you. To get to know the girl, the daughter they’ve always had. The one the Alpha ordered them not to see, not to talk about, not to care about and definitely not to love. They want to know you, to love you.”

I shook my head, “What if it’s too late?”

“It’s never too late Beautiful, with them alive, it’s never too late.” I looked at him.

“How?” I asked, hopefully he understood.

“By getting to know you.” He said and I flew into his arms and held him close, even though it was suppose to be the other way around.

“Need to...to...see them...her....he...father.” I was crying so hard, my words were hardly coming out. I just knew I needed to see them. I heard what George and Elise said about Evan not being my real father but at the moment I didn’t care, all I wanted was to see them, the people who were suppose to raise me. I needed to see them. To make sure they at least tried. If they tried then I knew I could give them a chance. A second chance at being my parents.