Chapter 4

When I exited the office, Frank was waiting. He had a look of pity, I didn’t need it though. He will soon find that out. Instead of walking to my room with my head down, it was held up high.

We still walked in silence all the way to my room though. I had to wait until the three men were done with the added silver. My heart held a sore spot for them. I know all that silver is weakening them. So I started with an apology.

“I am sorry that all of you have to handle all this silver. I know it takes a lot out of all of you.” Their shocked faces lasted for a minute.

 “It’s alright Eivanna, Alpha’s orders.” I nodded and was about to speak before another one spoke. Honestly, I just wanted to apologize, I didn’t think they’d speak back.

“It’s us who should feel sorrow for you.” Dominic said. Yeah I know everybody in the pack’s name. “You don’t belong here kiddo and we’re sorry for the way we had to treat you.”

‘Wow an apology and words. Maybe my today isn't totally ruined.’ I thought.

The other men agreed with Dominic. “As long as you’ve been around silver, I see why they keep adding more. You’re strong, even if you don’t show it. You’re a fighter, we hope you make it out.” Andy said next.

I know pack fighters can tell if another person is strong. So that coming from these fighters, I appreciate it. 

“You should all go before you’re caught talking to the Omega.” That word never leaves a good taste in my mouth.

“You’re no Omega Eivanna, even my son can see that and he’s almost 10.”

I couldn’t help the genuine smile from gracing my face. “Andrew, how is baby Nathan? Although I hear he is not a baby but quite the troublemaker.”

He grunted, “Still making trouble.” He then chuckled and the others along with him.

“Now, you all must go. If Alpha asks what took so long just say the added silver was way too much. I will not utter a word. Just let me know when and where the next vacation is and I’ll have surprises.” They nodded their heads and left.

Which actually confused me. The nods were like to someone higher than them, maybe even above the Alpha himself. Shaking the thought, I walked into my room and closed the door.

“Well looks like I’ve got a lot of free time. What should I do.” 

‘Hello Beautiful Eivanna,” Ari says, trying to maintain a deep voice but lets a giggle escape. No she can’t actually giggle like humans but don’t tell her that she’ll get offended.

I sighed, ‘I just realized we don’t know his name.’ I take a sit on the bed.

“Well I know his wolf’s name. Roman.” She said all dreamy-like which ended with a mental picture of a big dark-gray wolf.

‘Oh he’s cute.’

‘I know right. We were talking while you were busy ignoring your half.’

‘I wasn’t ignoring him. I was only…..just….”

‘Ignoring him.’ Ari piped in, trying to help.

‘Well it wasn’t my intention. I just didn’t want the others to find out.’

‘Well they did anyway.’

‘And you see why I didn’t want them to. You know what I’m commanded to do.’

‘Yeah yeah just ignore it. Plus we could always write him a note and give it to him. It’s more than likely everybody in the pack will be watching him. So you could get him alone and talk to him. Sneak into his room and talk to him. Or at least leave the note there.’