Chapter 8

I’ve died and gone to heaven and now I want to write a song about it. Or listen to a song about writing a song.

 I felt as high as a stoner. It was so...so...so perfect. With his lips on mines, all I could feel were sparks. They were like sweet, soft pop rocks against my lips. It felt amazing. Even when his hand slid to the back of my neck and tangles into my hair. His tongue found its way into my mouth and instantly my legs turned to jello. Luckily, he caught and held me close by my waist. So close that I could feel his muscles on his well-defined body press against my cold skin. Well except for where we touched.

 Sadly, I didn’t know what to do with my hands. My tongue, though, had a mind of its own by swirling with his is a slow yet fast movement. I jumped when my arms started heating up with tingles. His hands were traveling down my arms toward my hands. As he intertwined our fingers, he brought them to wrap around his neck. Letting go of my hand, they found my waist again.

I'm glad he coached me into what to do, but now he probably knows that he's my first ever kiss.

 I started tilting my head to the right and pulled him closer. As if there was too much space but there wasn’t any room left. My right hand ran into his hair as my left ran down his chest and stomach. I pulled him to me some more, knowing all that’s separating us are our clothes.

 Slowly, yet suddenly, we detached and inhaled deeply.

 “I think I’m in love.”

 “I know I love you Mate.” When Donovan said that I realized I said it out loud instead of to Ari.

 ‘If that makes you fall in love I wonder how you’re gonna feel when ya’ll mate.’ My eyes went really wide from Ari’s comment and I started coughing, choking on nothing but air.

 ‘ARI.’

 ‘What? I didn’t say anything. You were thinking it.’ I swear if she was me she’d shrug her shoulders nonchalantly.

 ‘This is so not a nonchalant moment.’

 “What’s wrong love?” Donovan asked while patting my back. I finally stopped chocking and looked at him. I stared right into his beautiful, pure, amazing, wonderful eyes and started stuttering.

 “Noth….nothin….ing Ari….Ariann...na’s...just….uh….well.” I stopped, took a deep breath and let it out while saying, “She’s being perverted and I think it’s time to go in now.”

 I was breathing hard once I finished. However, it got caught in my throat when he laughed. It was just as wonderful as his voice. Deep, yet cute and like a breath of fresh air. It wasn’t a chuckle, it was an actual laugh. A loud laugh that made my lips turn into a smile. It fit him so well. His laugh is deeper than his actual voice but it made him sexier.

 “You should laugh more often.” I said shyly, which surprised me. All day I’ve been tough and now I’m girlie and shy? Maybe being around him will bring out all my sides. I think I can handle that.

 “With you around, I believe I will.” Those sweet and loving words left his mouth. I couldn’t help but look back at his scarlet, soft lips that are still puffy and inviting. I looked away, knowing we couldn’t go there again. We’ve been outside long enough. It was close to six when we left. I realized it actually took up an hour and a half to get here. So it should be close to nine and I still haven’t met the pack yet.

 “So, shall we go.” I say looking toward the house, finally getting to admire the structure before me.

 It was actually beautiful to look at. If a lot of people didn’t live here they should. It actually reminded me of a hotel. It stood a lot of feet tall on tan bricks topped with mahogany colored tar on the roof. From the front, there was a porch that had the same roof covering and sat on top of two columns. The porch itself, though, was wide. Wide enough to fit at least six muscular guys across and from the door to the steps, it could fit five rows of people.