Chapter 42

Castro's POV

I didn't know what to do. She was...is mines and I love her. How can she be fated to do...do that? I knew she was special but...I wanted her to be special under me. Becoming a Royal....does she need that? Want that? I can't let her have that. She can't leave me. She can't change her feelings for me, I know she feels the same. I will NOT change them so she can....

"...don't accept change..."

"...can't bring things back..."

"She'll never love..."

'She can't bring things back...accept change....she'll never love me.'

I get it now. He assumed she won't love me because she's going to be Royal, busy changing life as we know it now. She'll change not only the were community but every community except the human community. That means changing us hunters as well. He didn't want that, didn't want the old was to be brought back. Why? Wouldn't it be okay?

'If the Royals come back, they offer held to all, even rogues. Shouldn't that make it easier for us? No, it would put us out of commission.'

Coming to that realization, I edge out of the scene of my girl and that mutt hugging and the others staring at them in awe or shock. Quickly gathering my men, the hunters, we make an exit; while I make a game plan to get my girl and stop them from becoming Royals.

'I will come for you Princess and take you away from this horrible fate. On my word.'

Alpha Joel's POV

When I 'died' it wasn't for long, my heart stopped but something brought me back. Well more like someone. I didn't know if my pack knew I had died or not because I was taken further into the woods then killed and brought back to life a couple of minutes later.

The rogues that attacked were very organized, they came and took what they wanted. Me.

Ever since my father was kicked out of the pack when I was a teen, he deemed that I will follow in his foot steps. He was right, to a point. I followed in his foot steps to become third in command of the pack. Alpha Black knew I wanted to become third, so he waited until I was of age. I lived up to being third. Until I was taken, killed and revived.

My father commanded the rogues, something he always wanted to do. He got kicked out after challenging Alpha Black. He lost. My father always wanted to be the boss of himself, so that's why he challenged him. Then he came back with rogues.

After he died, I did take over but I changed everything. Even got us certified to become a real, true pack. I thought it would be best that my old pack believe I was dead. So I never told anybody from that pack. I never went to any all Alpha conferences or anything all Alpha related. The council respected that because my pack was made up of use-to-be rogues.

We never led an attack on other packs, we accepted those who got kicked out or abandoned by other packs. We still smell a little like rogues do, something we couldn't fix, but we still lived on well.

I helped Castro with the mindset of thinking he was trying to get closure of losing someone he loved. I didn't expect it to be my daughter. I continued to help in the hopes of meeting her along the way.

Plus he needed a pack, I could tell he was were the minute he stepped over the line, yet he didn't smell like a rogue, only death, which is kind of close.

Although I could tell some of the words coming from his mouth were a lie. One thing he couldn't fake was how much love he had for the girl he was searching for. But a lie is still a lie so I pulled up information of my own. The minute I knew my daughter was safe and here with me, I was going to kill him. Good riddance, in my opinion.

Although I had to keep up presence so the pathetic were-boy didn't know by 'hating' my daughter. Who in their right minds even hates their children? To me, stupid people who are kids themselves. Although I admit, I didn't know she was my daughter until I pulled up her birth records. She was born a couple of months after I 'died' so I knew she was mines, even though she doesn't look anything like me. Blood runs deeper on the inside than the outside.

As I look around for him now I notice a couple of people along with him are missing. 'Simon, Davidson and Mitchell find him.' I say threw mind link then went to my daughter to tell her the truth, all of it. No point in lying further since he's not here.

I hope she believes me and gives me time to prove it. I just, honestly, want to see her. I may not be able to be in her life because I have a responsibility to my rouges but that doesn't mean we can't talk. I hope she's willing to anyway.

~A/N~

I know it's short but it is vital to the book, trust me. Alpha Joel a.k.a. Eivanna's dad