Chapter 3

Finally, everything was ready. The desserts were in the house, while the rest on the table outside. Standing near the patio doors, I made sure everything is in place before heading to the Alpha’s office. Feeling satisfied, I go to his office and knock. Hearing the come in, I open the door and step inside all while keeping my head down.

“Everything is ready Alpha. Would you like to see it?” I asked, knowing he would because they always  had to approve my work before hand. If something wasn’t liked, they’d hit me and tell me to do it again. 

“Yes we would. Everyone follow Eivanna please.” I wanted to choke on all the politeness in his voice. Instead I turned and headed the way I came.

I wanted to get there before everybody to make sure it was okay again. I’m not worried about getting yelled at, I actually love decorating and I wanted to make sure it was one of my best. Oh who am I kidding, every time I decorate it’s my best. Well it’s always better than the last, so I don’t know what my best is. But instead of walking fast, my pace was slow enough for them.

Once I made it to the doors, I opened them and stepped aside, holding it for them before stepping out. I think they stood there in ‘aaww’ as I described everything. Why that was there, what that area was for, and basically every little detail.

The only detail I don’t have is the dj’s table. I’m not allowed to touch that, but I did note where it would be placed.

Nobody said a word, so I just stood there waiting patiently and quietly. Well that was until I had that feeling. Sometimes I know when someone is going to touch me. My skin starts to itch and my shoulders start to tense up. It’s a feeling I don’t let the pack know about. It’s kind of like an extra or added skill to me.

So before the person made skin to skin contact, I moved out of his or her reach. Turning around to face the culprit, I was met with the most beautiful deep purplish irises my eyes have ever seen. Even though I haven’t seen many people’s eyes. I could tell they were dark purple but they seemed to light up.

I was honestly shocked and moved my brown irises toward the ground. It didn’t help the image that I kept seeing in my head though. Trying to get over my shock I quickly said, “Sorry sir, I did not mean to be in your way.” Glad my voice didn’t give away how flabbergasted I really was. 

Once I spoke, it snapped everybody from the view of my work to the view of this work standing before me. They turned and Damian spoke, “Ah Alpha Briggs so nice of you to join us.” When he held out his hand, I felt the gaze of this man, Alpha, leave my shortened structure. 

“Yes, yes it is. I am sorry for that, had some last minute things to finish.”

‘I’m dead.’

‘Me too Eiva, me too.’ Ari spoke for the first time today. I didn’t forget about her. We were too busy with our job to chit chat. ‘Oh my gosh.’ Ari sounded flabbergasted now.

She’s actually hardly ever surprised, so it confused me. I was going to comment but he spoke up again. 

“That’s quite alright.” Can I throw up now? “Here let me introduce you. This is my mate Ariel, my father Richard, my mother Diana, my beta Dean, his mate Sara, my father’s beta Rick, and my pack member Eivanna.” I could hear the strain in his voice when he said the my before my name. I just nodded without looking up.

However, the man’s hand shot out towards me. He didn’t shake anybody else’s hand, so why did he want to shake mines. Not wanting to be rude and embarrass my Alpha, I shook his hand and instantly regretted it; I think.

Tingles and electricity, tingles and electricity, tingles and good lord oh mighty electricity.

I tried to suppress my shiver at the…. I don’t want to think it. I let go of his hand and turned to my Alpha. “Alpha, is there anything I need to change or is everything in order?” I didn’t look at him while addressing him. I didn’t want to know if he noticed. I wanted to make sure my work was perfect.