Worst Case Scenario

Hey guys! I'm getting very excited for the ending of this story, and how you will all react. I love hearing from you guys. It helps me as an indicudual and as a writer to improve myself. If anyone actually wants to talk to me, message me and we can talk and shit. Thanks for sticking with me up until now. It means so much to me, really. Enjoy!

Alex’s Point Of View

               “Where is she?” I growl as I stalk toward her. I grow about a few inches short when Mike grabs the back of my shirt. Alexia shrinks down, her eyes shape shifting to hold the innocence of a child’s as they fill with fear. Her lip trembles and twitches as she tries to hide it. She swallows as if it will swallow this situation. “Tell me!” I say louder.

               “Calm down.” Mike says from behind me as I whip my body to the side, trying to free myself from his grip. His words send venom into my veins.

               “Calm down? How?” I blurt, facing him now. “Riley is fucking missing with some asshole and –”

               “And we have a number.” Jaime intercepts, shaking the phone in his hand.

               “Alex, listen to me, please.” Alexia finally speaks, her voice taking the place of the emptiness I feel, replacing it with more fury.

               “What?” I ask and turn back around, calmly, so I know Mike releases me. “What could you possibly have to say right now?”

               “I love you –”

               “You shut the fuck up!” I shout, jabbing a shaky finger into her face. “Call off the show tomorrow. Call off as many as we need. We can make them up later. I’m not leaving until we find her.”

               “I’ll go call Matt,” Zack offers. He waves his hand to Mike who nods and follows him out.

               “Who was it?” Vic asks Alexia as he stands by my side, the same tone in his usually soothing voice. Her eyes flicker back and forth between myself and Vic.

               “Vic, you don’t know him, just. I didn’t want to do this! He made me!” Her eyes start to fill with tears.

               “If you’re really against him, then tell us who, or we will find out for ourselves.” Rian interjects.

               “And may God save his fucking soul,” Tony bounces on his feet like he’s ready to pounce. Alexia’s eyes were wide and frantic as she quickly looked around, searching for a crack to sneak her way out of. Our emotions had built up an impenetrable wall around her, denying her any access to leave. We could see beads of sweat starting to form along her hairline as her hands rubbed against each other, causing friction.

               I yank the phone and open it up to the call log. I glare at the unfamiliar number as it lays on the screen, taunting me as if I should know this from the top of my head, as if a piece of the puzzle is missing, but I still know what should be in its absence. Not finding any refuge, I click the number and flash the screen toward Alexia and the guys to show that I’ve decided to do this myself. The phone rings and I feel my heartbeat in my chest, it’s fast but everything else slows down around me and I’m confused. The phone rings 5 times before he answers.

               He answers with confidence but annoyance in his tone, believing that I’m Alexia since I am using her phone. “What now?” He calls, dark and familiar.