Give Me A Reason

Jack hangs out with me until my body gets back into the swing of things and until my legs don’t fail on me if I stand. No one has really brought up my incident very much except for Zack. Every once in a while, he’ll ask if I’m okay or what was going through my head at the time. I do my best to answer them without getting uncomfortable.

The benefits of being bed ridden the past few days are the facts that Jack and I got to work on a few lyrics I had laying around in my mess of a folder and he helped me finish the song I had written about Riley late that night. Not to mention, I needed some Jack time. It’s been so long since he and I just had a day to hang out and not worry about the band or anything else. It was well needed.

Spending my days with him made me a little happier I guess. Maybe I’m not happy, and maybe I just learned how to cope and push things to the back of my head. Either way, I’m glad it happened because I don’t get the raw feelings as often anymore. Sometimes when I do, Alexia will call me and help calm me down. I really appreciate her for that.

Today, we’re all hanging out on Pierce The Veil’s bus. Everyone else is already over there and I’m still here because I’ll be calling Matt soon so that I can see about getting Alexia’s back stage pass or whatever she’ll be needing to get in. I pick up my phone and dial his numbers. I count them until he answers. “Hey, Matt, could you do me a favor?” I ask as I slip my shoes onto my feet.

“Yeah, sure, Alex.” He says happily. “What do you need?”

“I was wondering,” I start as I stand up, jumping slightly to push my heels into my shoes. “Is there any way you could get a backstage pass for a friend of mine? She’s coming up and I really wanted to see her.”

“Sure can, Alex! What’s her name?” I hear him shuffle papers around.

“Her name is Alexia, Matt.” I answer as I make my way to the mirror, shoving a few stray pink hairs back into their place under my black beanie.

“I’ll get back to you on that, Alex. Have a good day!”

“You too, man. See you,” I hang up and slide my phone into my pocket.

As I make my way to the bus, I take slow deep breaths to calm myself because I don’t know how I feel about coming face to face with her and having to hang out with Vic as well. The whole idea of it doesn’t sound fun to me at all. I mean, what do they expect?

Sighing, I walk onto the bus and immediately my eyes spot her all too familiar lavender hair. Before she catches my gaze, I look her over, taking in every inch of her. Truthfully, she is a horrible mess. Her hair is messily thrown into a loose pony tail and she wears ripped jeans and a sweatshirt I recognize to be mine. I had forgotten how many shirts and sweaters of mine I had given to her.

It isn’t what she’s wearing that’s making her look so unappealing, it’s the look her face has. Her cheeks are still pale and her eyes are still swollen and red, making me assume she’s been doing a fair amount of crying. I can still see spots of where she missed her running make up as she quickly threw herself together after a crying fit.

Before her eyes hit mine, I look away. I find a seat next to Jack and I pin myself between him and the arm of the soft tan couch. Looking around, I see no Mike, Rian, or Zack. I look to Jack silently for an explanation, not quite trusting my voice at the moment.

“They bailed and decided to go out anyways.” Jack answers, drawing the attention of Tony, Jaime, Vic, and Riley to him and myself.

Vic smiles awkwardly at me before getting up and kneeling in front of the television, putting a movie in, I would assume. As it rolls through the previews, I see Jack get jumpy and excited which leaves me with only one assumption; he picked out the movie and he picked Home Alone. I don’t know why he loves this movie so much. I’ve known him for years and he’s made me watch it with him all the time and I’ve never had this strange love for it that Jack does.