Chapter 14: Parents and Planes

The last chapter! :O

Chapter 14

“Promise they won’t hate me.”

“Josh, no one could ever hate you.”

He gave me a deadpan look with his stunning eyes, and I knew exactly what he was thinking. My brother hated me.

“Damien won’t go near you again; and if he does, I swear to you, I will not let him harm an inch of your beautiful body,” I said seriously, my eyes meeting his with ferocious honesty.

I clasped his hands between mine, staring down at him with a serious expression, while he stared up innocently, lips slightly parted. I leaned down and pecked them gently, sighing at the feeling that coursed through my veins.

“I love you Oliver,” he murmured against my lips, leaning into me.

“I love you too,”

A violent judder of the train we were standing on ruined our moment, sending us tumbling back into a pole that we were supposed to hold onto. I chuckled and Josh huffed, wrapping his arms around me as I held the pole.

“But still, they’ll try and embarrass me or something,” he mumbled into my shirt, and I scoffed.

“They’re my parents, Joshie, don’t you think they’ll be trying to embarrass me?” I pointed out, to which he mumbled an incoherent reply.

Josh and I had been together for two and a half months now but despite that, we were deadly serious about our relationship. I loved him so much I couldn’t bear the thought of being with anyone else, and I was pretty sure he felt the same way. So now, he was going to meet my parents.

I was sure they’d love him. He was adorable and fluffy and amazing and how could it be possible that they didn’t? I mean, I was slightly biased, but in my defense Alice agreed with me. I stroked his soft hair, reflecting on just how perfect my boyfriend was.

Finally, the train came to a halt at the station nearest my parent’s house and I ushered Josh off it. We walked across the platform swinging our linked hands and put our tickets through the turnstiles before leaving the station, ready to walk the 10-minute journey to my childhood home.

When we got there, Josh was babbling nervously about making a good impression and being worried my parents wouldn’t think he was good enough for me.

“Joshua,” I said sternly. “Will you hush? You’re perfect. And if they don’t love you, it won’t stop me loving you, okay?” I gave him a look and he nodded, taking a few deep breaths as I knocked on the door.

My mother was quick to open it, a huge smile on her round face.

“Oliver!! Honey we haven’t seen you in so long!” my short mother grappled me in a hug, making me laugh and hug her back tightly.

“Hey mum, I missed you,” I grinned. “Meet Josh! My adorable boyfriend,” I took his hand and pulled him inside. He was blushing, unable to meet my mother’s eyes, but she cooed and fussed all over him.

“My, you are adorable aren’t you? Come in, dear! Dinner’s almost ready, Oliver’s dad is…just there-“ she jerked her head at my father, who was just coming out of the living room. I gave him a huge hug as mum continued to fuss. “…so we can start eating soon. How’re you? Has Oliver been treating you right? Because if he isn’t, I can have a word with him-“

“He’s amazing,” a smile lit up his features as he finally looked up, his blue eyes shining with happiness as he met her eyes. An identical grin lit up her own features as I grabbed him in a hug, inexplicably happy with that very simple gesture.