Learning

"She likes energon poppers," Skylynx grinned as he tossed another toward the little femme

         "She likes energon poppers," Skylynx grinned as he tossed another toward the little femme. She caught it easily with her wide maw that would sometimes detach from her upper jaw, like a snake's. He threw another one, but his aim was far off after a large crash came from outside, and (Y/D) had to chase after it. Him and his brother looked out the cave entrance, finding another fight starting down below. They both sighed, looking back at the preoccupied youngling before diving down to halt the fighting. Unrest was growing, and with Predaking off to look for where his current charge originated from, that unrest had surfaced further. Darksteel was simple, but for so many fights to erupt after only a few days of Predaking being absent for so long, it didn't rest easy on his spark.

     (Y/D) was chewing on a hammer, the metal piece melting as the acidic saliva she carried in her being at all times glowed a dangerous (F/C). Soon that was evaporated and she was left with nothing to chew on, so she looked for Predaking around the cave. She looked in his room where they'd happily snuggle together, her wrapped in his tail, or nestled between his wings. Then she searched in the odd room he'd often hide her in. It smelled clean, to clean, she didn't like it, but her guardian didn't like other bots except for the two smaller Predacons who she loved to play with, and her friend the orange bot, to see her. She didn't understand why. Were they bad? Was she bad? She wanted to make more friends. 

     Giving up her search, the little Predacon pouted her way back to the main room, which she often frequented when Predaking or someone else was there to watch her. It was simple, the entrance looking into the chasm, the opposite wall holding the counter, cupboards and cold storage unit and in between these being the large table. On each side was cut a hallway, meeting to create a circle where only two other rooms were connected, the medical room and Predaking's quarters. His was considered the less elaborate of designs, but he himself wasn't much for dramatic décor as some of his brethren were. As vain and egotistical as Knockout, some bedazzled their armor with jewels or intricate designs in order to feel superior or to simply act out what they already believed. A strutting Peacock, only with no desire to mate, just to show off. Idiotic kings in love with themselves and their power, beauty and abilities.

     The smallest beauty, a true beauty, heard the fighting down below, transforming to be smaller and less likely to be noticed at the cave entrance. She peered down with unblinking optics, watching as her two big brothers screeched and roared at a two headed beast, then at a wingless Predacon, also with two heads. They screeched back at him with anger laced in their tones, refusing to come to an agreement according to (Y/D)'s audio. Her attention swayed from one bot to the other, until she found many closing in on her brothers, whether waiting to watch the fight or to fight them as well, she couldn't tell but it scared her. She whimpered, wings tightening themselves close to her back plates, staying put knowing they would want her to stay, but they were in trouble. Her spark yearned to intervene, but she was so small, and they were so many. The wingless Predacon snapped at Skylynx, who reared back, coming down to stomp on one of his pathetic little helms but the smaller mech backed away just in time, while Darksteel tried to keep the much bigger two headed beast from snapping at the dog-like one. 

     (Y/D) grew angry as the surrounding bots closed the circle further, as if trapping prey, but before she could act, the bellowing cry of Predaking erupted through the chasm, scattering the bystanders while allowing Skylynx and Darksteel to pin the two fighting Predacons before they too could retreat. The king landed after transforming in mid air, taking the last few steps down to meet these two troublemakers. 

        "Backlash, Sinnertwin, explain yourself!"

Backlash was the first to transform, a bigger bot than Predaking but he dared not oppose him when his personal likings tended towards storytelling, not fighting.

         "Sinnertwin insulted my honor! He claims I do not tell true memoirs of battles, nor explain them correctly." The bigger beast snarled at the wingless bot who transformed with a smirk.

         "You've never seen battle, you read the Iacon letters and journals. I was merely pointing out he acts like he was there. That's a lie enough to me."

     Predaking growled. 

     What a petty thing to fight over.

         "Backlash, you fight with your brother over criticism? And Sinnertwin, you know well Backlash takes good care of his memorizing these historic writings, what he tells to our brothers he has memorized for days, even weeks."

         "We are not without fault, my dear king," Sinnertwin smirked, arms crossed as he looked to Predaking with nothing but false respect, "but no mistake should be made in the telling of history, yes?"

         "You put an impossible expectation on me!" the bigger mech exclaimed, "let's see you memorize an entire journal and act it out flawlessly. I take good care to be certain I'm correct in retelling all my memorized writings."

     This argument continued until (Y/D) was leaning on the wall, optics dim as the squabbling turned into more of a bore than a lesson. One thing she did learn: mechs have no idea how to end a fight fairly if they just continued to yell and roar at each other like this, clearly. She didn't understand what the fighting was about but she knew they weren't getting anywhere. It was when the sounds faded to mumbles and low profanities that her optics developed their bright red hue again, and she transformed, skittering to the medical room where they'd expect her to be. She found the horn Predaking let her have not too long ago, chewing on it, but not melting it like she did the hammer. She looked up with beady red optics and raised curious wings when Predaking stepped in. The little femme grinned in her beastly form, skittering up to him to pick her up.

         "At least someone misses me while I'm gone," he chuckled, letting her transform in his hold to nuzzle her helm into his neck cables. He didn't pay too much attention to the worried aura she held, instead he focused on her youthful innocence, and the calm it brought him.

----------~----------

An extra chapter for the wait! Hope you all enjoyed!

For all other named Predacons I am using actual canon names and appearances, though some do not have an official design such as Backlash according to Transformers Wiki, so I will be taking some liberties.