~nineteen.~

"ELLIE, don't you think it's interesting how peculiar Lockhart is?" Luna questioned

Ellie and Luna we're currently sitting in the library doing some work.
Chase and Cedric had quidditch practice and Jane was with Micheal Corner again.
"You know what Luna you're right. Lockhart is peculiar." Ellie admitted.
Luna just smiled at her and Ellie got back to writing her potions essay.
Luna had dragged Ellie to get a book. She was taking a while so she just decided to lean against the shelf.
"I found it!" Luna exclaimed.
Ellie looked up and saw that Luna was trying to get a book that was very high up.
Ellie was about to get up but then she saw someone with red hair get it for her.
George Weasley.
"Thank you kind sir." Luna thanked him, which made George smile.
"Your welcome." George replied. He saw Ellie and sat down next to her. "Hey." George greeted.
"Hey." Ellie replied.
"I told Freddie who likes you." George exclaimed.
Ellie looked up at him.
"I'm guessing you aren't going to tell me." Ellie assumed.
George just looked at her.
"I think he should be the one who tells you how he feels." George replied.
Luna then stared at George.
"Are you talking about the Slytherin boy who I always catch staring at Ellie?" Luna queried.
"It depends who are you talking about?" George queried.
"I don't think I remember his name." Luna replied.
George just looked up at her and smiled. Then he leaned into Ellie's ear.
"She is adorable." George whispered.
"I know." Ellie replied.
George quickly got up.
"It was nice seeing you Smith." George shot, Ellie glared at him. Then he looked at Luna. "I didn't quite catch your name." George advised.
"Luna Lovegood." Luna replied, with a smile.
George just smiled at her and left.
"He seems like a nice boy." Luna exclaimed.
Ellie just chuckled.
"What book did you get anyway?" Ellie asked.
"Well I was looking for Hogwarts a History, but I couldn't find it. The librarian said that a lot of people have checked it out." Luna explained.
"Are you trying to find out about the Chamber of Secrets?" Ellie asked.
Luna shook her head.
"I just wanted to learn about the sorcerer's stone." Luna explained. "We're currently learning about it in History of Magic." Luna added.
"Oh well I think I remember a bit about it." Ellie explained. "Would you like me to help you later?" Ellie asked.
"That would be lovely." Luna replied.
Ellie then looked at the book Luna had. Luna quickly put it back standing on her tiptoes.
"I don't think I need it anymore." Luna replied. Ellie just chuckled at the blonde.
Luna left and Ellie spotted Neville Longbottom.
"Hi Neville." Ellie greeted.
"Oh hi Ellie. I haven't seen you in a while." Neville exclaimed. Ellie just smiled at him.
"How are you doing Neville?" Ellie asked.
"I'm great! A little freaked out over the Chamber of Secrets, but I'm sure everyone is." Neville exclaimed.
Ellie just smiled at him and looked at what he was working on.
"Chase showed me his herbology work, and this isn't it." Ellie exclaimed.
Neville blushed quickly.
"Oh um about that. I wanted to do extra. I think I'm really good at it!" Neville spoke with a smile.
"Ok well I'll let you have fun." Ellie spoke. And with that she left.
She headed towards the Ravenclaw common room and saw Micheal Corner fighting with the portrait to walk in.
Ellie walked there and looked at the portrait.
"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?" The portrait asked.
"For the fifth time I don't know!" Micheal shot. Ellie just rolled her eyes.
"An echo." Ellie answered, the portrait smiled and swung open.
Micheal just looked at her impressed.
"Thanks." Micheal spoke.
Ellie just smiled at him and walked to the common room and sat by herself. She didn't mind it. She was ok with it being just her for right now. Sure it was quiet but
***
"WOOD! Hufflepuff is practicing right now that's final!" Cedric yelled.
"Wow I would have thought McGonagall picked a smart fourth year for captain." Oliver shot.
"Could you guys stop fighting." Chase spoke lightly.
Fred was just observing the whole thing.
"Could you shut up little one?" Oliver asked Chase. Chase just looked at him.
"Hey! We. Are. Practicing. Not you!" Cedric shot. Oliver just stared at him in shock.
Fred and George were laughing.
"Guys stop seriously." Katie Bell told them. George quickly stopped. Fred laughed for a second but quickly stopped when Wood glared at him.
Angelina just scoffed.
"Come on Oliver they booked the field not you." Angelina shot.
"You're seriously taking their side?" Oliver asked.
"Yes." Angelina spoke. She grabbed Katie Bell and they both left.
Harry Potter just stayed there for a second. He wouldn't stop staring at Cedric. Which made Fred laugh. Cedric was much taller than Harry so of course he would be intimidated. Fred and George touched Harry's shoulder. Alicia Spinnet was trying to calm down Oliver Wood.
"Fine you win this time Diggory!" Wood shot. Cedric just rolled his eyes and the Hufflepuff team just started practicing.
Fred and George started walking towards the castle with Harry Potter.
"You okay Harry?" George asked.
"Yeah you look awful." Fred spoke, George nudged him.
Harry just gave him a glare.
"I'm spectacular." Harry replied sarcastically. The twins smiled.
"You'll be ok whatever you're going through Harry." George exclaimed as he patted his back.
Harry smiled and then walked away.
"Do you ever think that boys going to catch a break?" Fred asked.
"No." George replied.
Fred just chuckled and him and George started heading there way towards the common room.
"Georgie." Fred spoke.
"Yeah?" George queried.
"Want to prank someone?" Fred asked.
"Always." George laughed.
Fred and George both grinned and spot Brandon Smith.
"Bullseye." The twins said in unison.
They both saw Brandon walking their way.
"Let's trip him." Fred shot.
George hesitated for a moment but then went with it. They both his in the corner and saw Brandon walk by them. They both put out their legs and Brandon tripped.
"Weasley's!" Brandon shot.
"Sorry mate." George spoke.
"Didn't see you." Fred added.
Brandon just glared at them.
"Have I made it clear I hate you both?" Brandon questioned.
"Very." George spoke.
Brandon stuck his tongue at them and walked away.
The twins chuckled and headed to Gryffindor common room. It was starting to get late so the two boys decided they wanted to work on their charms assignment.  They stayed there for a bit.
It was only Fred and George in the common room. Fred looked around and groaned.
"Ugh! Why is no one here?" Fred groaned.
George just looked at Fred and rolled his eyes at his obnoxious brother.
"I don't know, maybe in the Great Hall. I mean dinner is starting in a few." George exclaimed.
"Oh." Fred replied. He looked at George. The boy seemed tense. "What's wrong?" Fred asked.
"I don't know I just keep on feeling like something may happen." George admitted.
Fred thought for a moment. He remembered that in divination Trelawney kept on talking about how something bad will happen to someone they know.
"Are you still freaking out about that?" Fred asked.
"Of course I am Freddie!" George shot.
Fred just rolled his eyes and looked at George.
"I'm sure everything's going to be ok." Fred exclaimed.
"You better be right." George shot.
Fred chuckled.
"Come on let's go to the Great Hall." Fred exclaimed.
The two headed their way and walked through the doors because they were already open.
"They finally let them open." George shot with a smile. Fred rolled his eyes and the boys sat down.
"Where have you two been!" Percy shot.
"Um doing work." Fred spoke and tossed some food on his plate recklessly.
"Ugh Fred you are such a messy eater!" George shot. Then he grabbed Fred's plate and placed the food for him.
"Hey I could've done that!" Fred spoke.
"Don't argue with me." George shot and gave him his plate.
"Thanks." Fred muttered.
Percy just stared at them disgusted.
"Disgusting." Percy muttered.
"What was that Perce?" Fred asked.
"I said disgusting." Percy repeated. Fred grinned and put chicken in his mouth and started chewing with his mouth open.
"Sorry what was that?" Fred asked sarcastically.
Percy shot a glare in his way.
"Fred you're going to make people lose their appetite." Angelina said.
"I already lost my appetite from looking at you." Lee shot. Angelina glared at him.
"Really?" Angelina shot.
"Yes." Lee replied. She smiled at him and grabbed a book.
"Don't. You. Ever. Say. That. To. Me. Again!" Angelina yelled, hitting him with a book.
"Ow!" Lee shot.
This had caught a bit of people's attention from the other table.
George just stared in shock while Fred laughed.
"That's hilarious." Fred chuckled.
"Hilarious! Angelina could get in trouble and she wouldn't be able to do quidditch!" Oliver shot.
"Wood." Percy spoke.
"Yes." Oliver spoke.
"Stop thinking everything is about quidditch!" Percy shot.
Oliver just muttered something under his breath.
"Also Fred." Percy spoke.
"Yes." Fred replied.
"Could you please swallow your food?" Percy questioned.
Fred didn't even realize that he didn't swallow his food yet.
He quickly gulped it and reached for a goblet of water.
He felt a tap on his shoulder and saw that it was George's. He pointed towards the Slytherin table. He saw Draco Malfoy sneering at him. He had a piece of paper in his hand. He quickly threw it and it landed in Fred's goblet.
"Hey!" Fred shot. Draco and Pansy Parkinson started laughing.
Fred rolled his eyes and took the paper out of the water.
"Ew." Fred groaned.
He opened it up.
Everyone has secrets, Weasley even the people you never expect.
-D.M
Fred and George looked at each other and then at Draco.
"What the fu-." Fred started.
George quickly covered Fred's mouth. Fred just scoffed and knocked George's hand off of his mouth.
"Who do you think it is?" George asked.
"I don't know?" Fred answered.
He looked over at the Ravenclaw table and looked at Ellie Smith. He stared at her for a moment. She noticed him and smiled at him. He returned. George who was looking at the entire time scoffed. Fred looked at him and then noticed Ellie looked away. He stared at his brother for a moment.
"What?" Fred asked.
"She wouldn't keep a secret." George stated.
"How would you know?" Fred queried.
"Fred, just stop." George spoke. Fred sighed and just started playing with the food on his plate.
***
"ELLIE, are you listening?" Luna asked politely, in her dreamlike tone of voice. Ellie wasn't paying attention to her and she felt guilty.
"I'm sorry Luna. It's just I'm just a bit distracted." Ellie explained. Luna just gave her a soft smile.
"It's ok. I noticed you keep on staring at him." Luna spoke.
"What?" Ellie asked.
"The one twin. You keep on glancing towards him." Luna exclaimed. To be fair Ellie didn't even realize. She was too busy thinking.
"I didn't notice." Ellie replied, in a soft voice. Luna gave her another one of her soft smiles.
"Well is there anything else on your mind?" Luna asked. Just then for a second the dessert appeared and Luna's eyes lit up as she saw her favorite pudding.
"I really don't know I keep zoning out, out of nowhere." Ellie exclaimed.
Luna just looked at her.
"Pudding?" Luna asked.
"No thank you." Ellie exclaimed.
"But you didn't eat anything." Luna spoke.
"My metabolism Luna." Ellie spoke. Luna just gave her a nod.
Just then Jane walked in with Micheal Corner.
She stared straight at Ellie.
Ellie looked at her and smiled, Jane whispered something to Micheal and he nodded.
Jane quickly walked up to Ellie.
"Hey." Jane spoke. Luna started watching carefully.
"Hi." Ellie said. The two girls looked at each other.
"Look Ellie I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that about Blaise and Daphne. I was just jealous because you hang out with them so much and-." Jane rambled.
"Jane. It's fine, I forgive you." Ellie spoke. Jane smiled and hugged her.
"I don't like hugs." Ellie spoke.
"I know." Jane replied, laughing.
Rosie looked at the two girls.
"You guys made up!" Rosie exclaimed. Brandon looked over at the two girls.
"They were in a fight?" Brandon questioned.
"Yes." Rosie shot. Brandon just raised his eyebrows and started talking to his friends.
They both sat down.
Ellie looked over at Micheal Corner who was looking at Jane. She noticed Jane staring back.
Ellie sighed for a second.
"Just go sit with him." Ellie spoke. Jane looked at her.
"Are you sure?" Jane asked.
"Yes." Ellie replied with a smile.
Jane gave her a smile and went to go sit with Micheal.
"It seems like she likes the boy." Luna exclaimed.
Ellie gave Luna a small smile.
"Yeah it does." Ellie advised. She looked at the two. She saw Jane look very happy, and she'd never seen her look so happy.
In that moment Ellie knew that Jane likes Micheal. And that Micheal liked Jane. They just didn't want to admit it. Little did she know that someone from another table had been looking at her the way Micheal was looking at Jane.
***
ELLIE was sitting in the astronomy tower by herself. It was late. Not so late that Filch would be out, but late that students would be staying in their common rooms.
People in Ravenclaw we're being very loud so Ellie wanted to stay by herself looking at the sky.
Just then Ellie saw a person. She quietly grabbed her room.
"Lumos." Ellie whispered.
She raised her wand and saw a familiar face.
"Cedric?" Ellie questioned.
"Ellie. What are you doing here?" Cedric asked.
"I wanted to be alone. I come here all the time you know this." Ellie shot. She quickly crossed her arms. "The real question is what are you doing here?" Ellie stated.
Cedric smiled and walked to stand next to her.
"I do the same thing sometimes when my friends annoy me." Cedric stated.
"What about Chase?" Ellie asked.
Cedric chuckled.
"He ended up crashing on the couch so I just brought him to his dorm." Cedric replied.
Ellie smiled for a second.
"I met this one nice girl." Cedric spoke. Ellie looked at him.
"Really? What's her name?" Ellie asked.
"Her name is um Katie Bell." Cedric responded.
Ellie thought for a moment.
"You mean the quidditch player?" Ellie asked.
Cedric just nodded. Even though it was dark Ellie knew he was blushing.
"How long have you liked her?" Ellie asked.
"A bit." Cedric replied.
They both stood there in silence for a moment. It was a good silence. A friendly one. She looked at Cedric for a moment.
"How does it feel Cedric?" Ellie asked.
"How does what feel?" Cedric questioned furring his eyebrows.
"A crush. I mean I've never had one, but how does it feel?" Ellie asked.
Cedric stayed silent for a moment.
"Well, whenever you see them your heart does a little backflip or you get butterflies. And you never stop thinking about them." Cedric explained. Ellie looked at him for a moment.
"Backflips?" Ellie questioned.
Cedric smiled.
"Yeah, backflips." Cedric replied with a chuckle.
Ellie looked at him for a moment.
"I think Jane has a crush on Micheal Corner." Ellie advised. Cedric stared at her.
"Who's Micheal?" Cedric asked.
Ellie just rolled her eyes.
Then the two of them stayed there for a few minutes. Cedric looked at her.
"Ellie, are you sure you've never had a crush?" Cedric asked. Ellie thought for a second.
"No." Ellie simply replied.
Cedric raised an eyebrow.
"What about Fred Weasley?" Cedric asked.
"Look I never liked him, and I doubt I ever will." Ellie exclaimed.
"Well maybe you've never liked him, but you probably will in the future." Cedric spoke.
"Cedric I won't like him." Ellie shot.
"Ok fine sassy." Cedric laughed.
Ellie glared at him.
"Come on, let me bring you back to your common room, it's getting late." Cedric spoke.
The two exited the astronomy tower and Cedric brought her to Ravenclaw's common room.
"See you tomorrow Cedric." Ellie spoke.
"See you tomorrow." Cedric replied.
Cedric left and Ellie stared at the portrait.
"What has a hand and a face, but can't hold anything or a smile?" The portrait asked.
"A clock." Ellie answered.
Just then Ellie walked to the dorms and sat on her bed.
Then she realized that Jane was already asleep. She looked at her and smiled.
She finally got her best friend back.