[forty.]

"JAKE Baker's was staring at you again

"JAKE Baker's was staring at you again." Ellie informed Rosie.
"Oh, well I guess that means I've been doing a good job ignoring him." Rosie exclaimed and opened the door to the great hall.
Ellie just sighed and walked with her.
"You know maybe you should just get over him." Ellie suggested.
"It's not that easy Ellie." Rosie told her, and then she went to sit next to a girl in her year. Cho Chang.
Ellie just frowned and sat next to Luna.
"Are you happy that we got to leave class early?" Luna queried.
"Yeah I suppose." Ellie replied.
Luna gave her a smile.
"Well I think it's fascinating that we get to meet people from different schools." Luna admitted.
"I guess it'd be nice." Ellie told her.
Then she sighed and she ended up glancing at the Gryffindor table. She saw Fred and George whispering in secret, and Fred hit George with a paper.
Then she looked back at Luna.
"Your hair looks pretty today. You rarely put it in a ponytail." Luna observed.
"Oh thank you Luna." Ellie thanked her.
Luna just gave her a small smile.
Then Brandon jumped and sat in between the two.
"Good news!" Brandon exclaimed.
"What." Ellie shot.
"Clara didn't bite me for four days in a row!" Brandon informed the two girls.
"That's fantastic Brandon." Luna told him.
Brandon just gave her a smile.
"Thank you Luna." He spoke, then turned to Ellie.
"You're an idiot." Ellie shot.
"Why am I having deja vu?" Brandon queried.
"What do you mean?" Ellie asked.
"I don't know I feel like you've called me an idiot before and then something big happened." Brandon spoke.
"You're being paranoid." Ellie shot.
"Okay but don't say I didn't warn you." Brandon replied. "Ugh I'm hungry when is everyone else coming?" Brandon groaned.
"I assume they'll be here soon." Luna explained.
Then Brandon turned to Ellie.
"Your friend is adorable but sometimes it annoys me how she's always right." Brandon spoke.
"She just being logical." Ellie explained.
Brandon glared at her and then groaned.
"Wake me up when people get here." He advised.
Ellie rolled her eyes. Then all of a sudden people started to leave the tables.
Ellie just shook Brandon.
"People are here." She spoke.
Brandon then shot up and tightened his tie.
"How do I look?" He asked.
"Your hair is a mess." Ellie exclaimed.
"What! Fix it! Fix it!" Brandon shot.
"What do you mean?" Ellie queried.
"Brush it or something!" Brandon shot.
"What no that's weird." Ellie exclaimed.
"Do it before I tell people your secret!" Brandon shot.
"I don't have a secret!" She replied.
"That's right you don't! Just do it." Brandon shot.
Ellie sighed and just brushed his hair with her fingers.
"There!" She spoke.
"Thank you." Brandon replied.
Then the great hall started to fill. Ellie saw many beautiful girls and handsome boys walk in all wearing blue. However their headmistress was very tall. Even taller than Hagrid.
She looked around for a moment and she could've sworn she saw a face she recognized for a moment.
Then another group came in and it was all boys. They looked very mature. Ellie looked at one of them and noticed who it was.
"That's Victor Krum!" Brandon whispered.
"I know I have eyes." Ellie replied.
Brandon then looked at Krum and he was starstruck.
Just then the seats started to fill up. The school with the blue uniform started to sit at the Ravenclaw table.
"Ellie." Brandon spoke.
"What?" She queried.
"Um I think you may want to turn around." Brandon exclaimed.
"Why?" Ellie queried.
"Just look." Brandon whispered and then his jaw dropped.
Ellie raised her eyebrows then turned around. Then her jaw dropped.
"Ellie what's the matter?" Luna asked.
Then she turned around and looked to where Brandon and Ellie were facing.
"All I see is a handsome boy." Luna spoke.
However, Brandon and Ellie still had their jaws dropped.
Then Luna closed Ellie's mouth and Ellie just stared in shock.
"That's Adam." Ellie spoke softly.
[][][]
"HEY look at the Smiths they look hilarious!" Lee pointed out to Ellie and Brandon.
Fred looked up and saw Ellie's eyes in shock and Brandon with his jaw dropped.
"What do you think that's all about?" George queried.
"I don't know." Fred admitted.
Then Angelina looked at the boys.
"Wasn't Adam a French boy?" Angelina asked.
Fred nodded.
"Well I think that's a French school and Ellie and Brandon probably just saw Adam." Angelina exclaimed.
"What!" Fred and George shot.
Which caused some stares from the Gryffindor table.
"I mean look I'm pretty sure that they're French." Angelina exclaimed.
"I hate the French." Fred muttered.
George just patted his back.
Dumbledore just started to explain more about the Triwizard Tournament.
As dinner started he stared at Ellie and Brandon for a second. Brandon hadn't started eating and his jaw was still dropped. Ellie however just tried to look away. Then, he noticed Ellie was wearing a ponytail. He thought it looked cute.
Cute. As in friendly? Right? Yeah. That's all it is.
Then Ellie glanced at him. Fred gave her a look motioning for what's wrong.
She looked around for a moment to make sure no one was looking.
"Later." She mouthed. Then he nodded, and she tried to scold Brandon. He assumed it was for him to stop staring.
"Did Ellie tell you if it was Adam?" George asked, as he whispered in Fred's ear.
"How would I know? I haven't even talked to her!" Fred shot.
"You guys were communicating with your eyes." George exclaimed.
"Were you spying?" Fred queried.
"Possibly." George smirked.
"Well she's going to tell me later." Fred exclaimed, then started to eat the rest of his food.
"Can you pass me a roll?" George asked, then Fred threw one at him.
"Rude." George muttered.
"Whatever so, are you ready to put our names in the tournament?" Fred queried, then George smirked.
[][][]
"CEDRIC before you put your name in that goblet please tell me you are aware of all the consequences." Ellie spoke.
"I'm aware Ellie." Cedric assured.
Chase just smiled at him.
"Go put your name in that goblet!" Chase shouted.
"Yeah! Let's do this!" Cedric exclaimed.
"Okay yeah I'm going to go sit with Daphne because it is embarrassing to be around you two." Ellie exclaimed.
Cedric and Chase just shrugged and Ellie walked in the great hall and spotted Daphne.
"Hey." Daphne spoke.
"Hi." Ellie replied then sat down, and opened her book.
"Can I braid your hair?" Daphne asked.
"Why?" Ellie queried.
"Because I'm bored! And Blaise dragged me here and he disappeared!" Daphne told her.
Ellie sighed for a moment.
"Go ahead. But don't you dare do a french braid!" Ellie shot.
"Someone hates the French." Daphne muttered.
"Shut up. Just do one braid. And one only." said Ellie, then turned a page of her book.
War and Peace.
"Elenor?" A voice questioned.
Ellie looked up and her eyes widened.
Adam.
"Hi I'm Daphne and we're both kind of in the middle of something." Daphne gestured to Ellie's hair that was halfway braided.
"Oh um that's okay. I'll see you around." Adam exclaimed with a smile.
Ellie turned around and faced Daphne.
"He's cute at least." Daphne spoke.
Ellie just groaned and went back to reading even though she wasn't really focused.
Then she saw Fred and George enter.
She lifted her head and Daphne looked at her.
"You know lifting up your head isn't going to make me braiding your hair easier." Daphne spoke.
Ellie rolled her eyes and looked at the twins.
Fred was about to put his name in the goblet. She knew this wasn't going to end well. In fact she was positive. Then she thought he was an idiot for thinking an aging potion for work.
Then before she knew it he flew across the room and a long beard started to flow out of his chin. She laughed and before she knew it so was Daphne. Then Dumbledore started talking to George and Fred.
"He's such an idiot." Daphne exclaimed.
"Tell me about it." Ellie replied.
She caught Fred's eye and he gave her a grin.
"Idiot." She mouthed.
He just smirked at her and started leaving on his way to the infirmary with George.
Then she saw Victor Krum and he placed his name in the goblet. She saw him look around the Gryffindors it was almost like he wanted someone's attention. She shrugged it off. Daphne then let two pieces of hair frame Ellie's face.
"There. You know I think I'm good at this stuff." She exclaimed.
"Maybe you could work in beauty." Ellie spoke.
"You think so?" Daphne queried.
"Yeah, only if you get better at making the frames in front of my face look perfectly symmetrical." Ellie exclaimed.
"Yeah well not everyone is as picky as you are." Daphne smirked, and Ellie laughed.
Then Cedric and Chase walked over.
"Well my name is now officially on the goblet." Cedric smiled.
"Good job on putting your name in a death trap." Daphne spoke.
"I love you too Daphne." Cedric replied.
"When did I say that I loved you?" Daphne queried.
"Oh Daphne you're such a joker." Cedric spoke then ruffled her hair. Daphne glared at him and he ignored it. Then he turned to Ellie. "I would ruffle your hair up but it looks really cute." Cedric exclaimed, and Ellie smiled at him.
"Thanks Cedric." She spoke, then put her bookmark in her book and placed her book in her bag.
Cedric then smiled and looked at Daphne and Chase.
"So you two just aren't going to talk to each other?" Cedric asked
"Yes." They both said at the same time and glared at each other.
"Well I think you guys should just kiss and make up." Cedric spoke.
"Ew! I'm not kissing him." Daphne shot.
"It's a muggle expression." Ellie spoke.
"Well it's a stupid one." Daphne spoke.
"Hey, Chase we have to celebrate Halloween!" Cedric spoke.
"Wait, that's now?" Chase queried.
"Yes! Let's go." Cedric exclaimed, then they left.
Ellie then turned to Daphne.
"Why won't you just forgive Chase?" Ellie asked, and her and Daphne got up.
"I don't want to forgive him because he spoke for me. I don't want anyone to speak for me. I have my own voice and I'm independent." Daphne exclaimed.
"Well that does seem like a fair answer but, I genuinely think Chase was trying to help out a friend." Ellie informed her.
"Chase thought of me as a friend?" Daphne asked.
"I think he still thinks of you as a friend." Ellie spoke.
Daphne just stood there in shock.
"Now if you excuse me I have to go tell Fred about how much of an idiot he was for trying to use an aging potion." Ellie told her.
[][][]
AS Ellie walked in the infirmary she saw George and he walked up to her.
"Are you sure you want to look at him? He looks really ugly." George exclaimed.
"I could use a laugh right now." Ellie spoke.
Then George looked at her.
"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you." said George.
"Whatever." She replied.
Then she walked over to Fred and tried to keep a straight face.
"Wow." Ellie spoke.
Then Fred grinned.
"Let me guess you are here to call me an idiot?" Fred queried.
"Yes, I am. I mean you seriously thought an aging potion was going to work?" Ellie asked.
"Yes." He replied sincerely.
"We'll look how that turned out." Ellie smirked.
"I'm still better looking than Georgie." He replied.
Ellie just gave him a face.
"I'm not going to say anything to that, but I will say one thing." Ellie spoke.
"What?" Fred asked.
"I still think that you're an idiot." Ellie exclaimed.
"Thank you Elle." Fred smiled.
"No problem Freddie. Now I think I have to get going." Ellie spoke.
"Wait!" Fred shot, then grabbed her arm and she stared at him. "You still didn't tell me about what happened yesterday." Fred exclaimed.
"Oh um I think I'll just tell you later, mostly because if I look at you I won't be able to stop laughing." Ellie told him.
Fred just smirked.
"Got it Elle." Fred replied, Ellie just glared at him and he gave her a small smile.
Ellie started to head out but then George looked at her.
"Let me guess you have to leave before you laugh too much." George exclaimed.
Ellie looked over to make sure Fred wasn't looking but he was currently busy staring at Madame Pomfrey in fear.
"It's so hard not to." Ellie spoke.
"Right! Well I'll see you around Smith." George exclaimed.
"Bye Weasley." Ellie replied, and headed to her common room.
[][][]
"CEDRIC you'll be fine." Ellie assured.
"You really think so?" Cedric asked.
"No, but that's what everyone says all the time." Ellie informed him.
"Thanks Ellie." Cedric spoke.
"You are welcome I suppose." Ellie exclaimed, and then the two walked closer to the great hall.
"Good luck Cedric." Ellie told him.
"Thank you Ellie." He replied, then put her in a headlock.
"No please stop I'm uncomfortable." Ellie exclaimed.
"Okay fine only because you said please." Cedric spoke.
"What are you waiting for? Go!" Ellie exclaimed.
Cedric smiled and walked in.
Ellie then bit her lip. She was nervous, no doubt in her mind. She just wanted Cedric to be happy but she was still scared he was going to die. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder and saw Rosie.
"Hey, you okay?" Rosie asked.
"Yeah, just nervous." Ellie told her.
"Cedric will be fine." Rosie exclaimed. Ellie smiled at her.
"Let's go, I'm starving." Ellie advised.
Rosie gave her a smile.
"I'll be in there a minute." Rosie told her.
Ellie nodded and she walked to the Ravenclaw table then her eyes widened. Adam was sitting next to Luna. She saw Brandon was on the opposite side of Luna. Ellie sighed and sat next to Brandon.
"Hey, I think I'm going to sit in between you and Luna." Brandon whispered.
"I figured." Ellie whispered back.
Brandon just gave her a smile.
Then she noticed everyone rush.
After a half an hour everyone looked straight at Dumbledore.
Then he pulled out the goblet of fire.
The great hall went silent.
Dumbledore started talking about stuff but Ellie was ignoring most of it and she was pretty sure everyone else was.
Then he walked to the goblet.
She saw a red flame and then a piece of paper shoot out.
"Victor Krum!"
That was the first name that was pulled out. She looked over at the famous quidditch player. She personally didn't get the hype about him.
She looked over and saw his headmaster Igor Karkaroff, who had a gross grin on his face.
Ellie looked back and waited for the second champion to be announced.
"Fleur Delacour!"
She looked over and saw a beautiful girl with gorgeous silver platinum blonde hair. She saw Brandon gape at her and many of the other boys were too. She didn't blame them, she was beautiful. She noticed many of the other girls look away from her.
Ellie just shrugged and waited for the third name to be announced.
"Cedric Diggory!"
Ellie's heart dropped for a moment. He got picked. She was happy for him. But she was still sad.
There was a loud cheer from the Hufflepuff table. She smiled for a moment considering the Hufflepuffs were never recognized. Cedric went to join the other two champions when all of a sudden another flame popped up.
Dumbledore grabbed the paper and he looked shocked.
"Harry Potter."
Ellie looked over at Harry. He looked shocked. And Ellie knew there was no way he could have possibly put his name in the goblet. Harry also wouldn't have asked anyone. Even if he did she could tell Harry didn't want it. The poor boy looked terrified.
Some people were saying something about how he was a cheat. Ellie rolled her eyes at them. She was positive Harry Potter didn't want to be in the tournament.
[][][]
"I just can't believe that kid got his name in the goblet of fire." Brandon admitted later in the common room.
A bunch of the Ravenclaws were sitting around. Ellie just wanted to read her book.
"He probably asked someone to put his name in." Lisa Turpin spoke.
"Definitely." Sue Li added.
"Are you guys seriously debating on this, the guys a cheater." Jane Hankel spoke.
Ellie looked up at her and she saw Micheal Corner stare at her in shock.
"I personally think he didn't want to be in the tournament. I mean did you guys see the look on his face he looked terrified." Ellie explained, causing people to look at her.
"And she finally speaks." said Anthony Goldstein.
"Yeah, but no one was talking to her." Jane whispered in Lisa's ear loud enough for some people to hear.
"We're having an entire conversation with almost all of the Ravenclaws." Padma exclaimed.
Jane just shrugged.
"Well it's getting late and since I'm Prefect I think you all should get to bed and if you guys don't leave I will remove points." Brandon told them.
"Buzz kill." Ellie heard a voice mutter.
Then Brandon pulled Ellie and Rosie aside:
"Okay Rosie! Why is Adam here?" He asked.
"Well my only guess is that he only rented the house for the summer. I mean did you guys notice he wasn't there when we got back from the world cup?" Rosie asked them.
The two shook their heads and Rosie sighed.
"Okay whatever Ellie let's go." Rosie exclaimed and the two walked to their dorms.
She sighed and walked towards her bed and closed her velvet privacy curtains. She placed her book in her drawer and sighed as she plopped down.
This was going to be a long year.