Chapter 6-Friends

I wake up to my phone ringing and a pair of arms around my waist. I look to my side to see Ethan sleeping peacefully. I look at my phone and see that it was Terra trying to call leaving multiple missed calls and messages. I answer the phone, trying to quietly get up. "Hello?" I whisper.

   "Oh my god guess what?!" She yells.

   "Shhh Ethans asleep." I say still trying to get up.

   "Where is he?"

   "Next to me. I'm trying to get up, but his arms won't move from around my waist."

   "Oooh we're you guys cuddling last night."

   "Shut up. Ok so why did you call?" I ask as I step into the hallway.

   "Guess what?" She says in an excited tone.

   "What?"

   "He said I can go, but of course he isn't going to pay."

   "Did you tell him that Mark offered to pay?"

   "No not yet I just asked if I could go and he said I could if I find a way to get there. And I wanted  to tell you he said I could go first."

   "I feel special. Ok I'll call Mark and have him come over so I can tell them."

   I let Terra know.

   "Ok I'll call you later if there is a problem." She says.

   "Ok, talk to you later."

   "Ok bye." She hangs up.

   I call Mark to notify him to come over for some good news. After that I walk back into the apartment and see that Ethan is still asleep. I walk over to him giving him a light shake.

   "Ethan it's time to wake up." I coo softly.

   "Why?" He groans and rolls over.

   "Because I have good news." I reply as he sits up.

   "What is it?" He looks at me confused.

   "I can't tell you till Mark gets here." I stand up.

   "Then he better be here soon because I don't want to wait any longer."

   "He should be here in a minute." I inform him.

   Just then there was a knock on the door. I walk over opening the door to see Mark, Amy, and Chica. I let them in and we sat at the table as Chica started to play with Spencer.

   "So what is the surprise y/n?" Mark asks.

   "Well Terras step-dad said she can come visit if someone pays for her." I fill him in.

   "Well I'll do it." Marks say.

   "I'll pitch in some money." Ethan says.

   "Ok I'll pitch in." I say as my phone starts to ring.

   "Hey Terra." I respond and put the phone on speaker.

   "Hey, so he doesn't believe that a youtuber agreed to pay for me to fly there....I don't know what to do." She sighs frustrated.

   "We can talk to him if that would help." Mark answers.

   "I think it might hold on." Terra mutes her side of the phone call. After a minute the phone unmutes.

   "Ok here you guys can talk to him now."

   "Hello this is Dave." A familiar voice that I know is her step-dad.

   "Hello" Mark politely says.

   "Hi." Ethan responds after.

   "What's this about?" He asks, sounding very annoyed.

   "We were wondering if we could pay to have Terra fly out here." Mark speaks.

   "I'm not paying."

   "That's fine we already offered to pay for her."

   "And why should I let her go?"

   "If you say yes then we'll have her on the next plane here." Ethan persuades.

   "Ok fine." He sighs relieved and I'm guessing he gave the phone back to Terra.

   "Oh my god he's actually letting me go." She answers in disbelief.

   "According to this the next plane leaves in three hours." Ethan informs us.

   "Ok I'm already packed and I just have to ask my grandma to drive me there."

   "What are you going to do on the plane?" I question her.

   "Probably watch Jack."

   "That's a good idea, text me when you're about to land and we'll come get you." I alert her  before getting off the phone.

   "Ok see you soon bye." She hangs up.

   "Does she mean Jack as in Seán?" Mark wonders.

   "Yea,if she's sad or mad or anything he can make her smile within five minutes. She even forgets about the thing that made her feel that way most of the time." I answer.

   "What do you mean by that?" Ethan looks at me concerned.

   "Well one time when she was spending the night at my house her best friend started to text her saying she was going to kill herself. And if Terra gets too overwhelmed she pukes. When she came back from the bathroom which she was in for almost an hour, she told me what happened and she talked her friend out of it. She sat on the bed and I told her to watch Jack to calm her down cause that always works. And within five minutes she was smiling and laughing like nothing happened and she said she did forget about it while watching him. He is basically her idol." I say

   "So how would she feel if he was here when she was here?" Mark asks

   "No fucking way can you do that?" I look at him.

   "Well of course I can if it'll make her happy. It sounds like she needs a little vacation from her problems." Mark shrugs with a small smile on his face.

   "She doesn't let many people know about her problems so most people think her life is fine but it is not. And when her friend is telling her her problems and Terra is helping her she never listens to Terras problems."

  "Well she doesn't sound like a very good friend." Ethan speaks.

   "Yea Mark you should order the ticket before it's too late." I remind him

   "Oh yea tell her the tickets are under her name."

   "Ok." I text her quickly.

   After an hour of waiting someone knocks on the door and Mark answers it. He walks back into the living room with Seán. We all sit down and start to talk for a few hours, then I get a text from Terra saying they're landing soon

   "Ok guys her plane is landing soon." I alert everyone.

   "Ok Jack you stay here you can be her surprise when she gets here." Ethan says

   "Ok see you guys in a few." Amy speaks pushing us out, so we can leave to get Terra.