Chapter 2-Unpacking

I wake up in the morning hearing someone knock on the door. I get up off the couch and answer it. I open the door and see a man with a box.

"Hey I'm with the moving company we're here to drop off all your stuff." He says.

"Ok you can just put the boxes in the living room." I tell him.

"My name is Jackson by the way." He says holding out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm y/n." I say, shaking his hand "It's nice to meet you Jackson."

"You too y/n. I'll go tell the others where your apartment is." He says and walks out the door.

I grab my keys and follow him out the door. Once I walk out Ethan walks up to me "Hey y/n what are you doing?" He asks.

"I was about to help the movers with my stuff." I say to him.

"Can I help?" He asked.

"You don't have to."

"Yea but I want to get to know you since we're neighbors now."He says

"Ok if you want to you can help me." I tell him and walk down the stairs with him.

It takes us about an hour to unload the truck and get it all inside. I put down the last box and flop down on the couch next to Ethan.

"What do you want to do now?" He asks me.

"How about some games." I say.

"Ok what do you want to play?"

"Let's play Mario Kart, but first we have to set up the tv and Switch." I say getting up to get the box with the switch in it.

"Ok." He says standing up to help with the tv. After ten minutes we set everything up and sat back on the couch.

"Here you go kind sir." I say, handing him a controller.

"Thank you M'lady." He said.

After thirty minutes of playing I win another round "Hey that's not fair Yoshi kept on throwing red shells at me." He says.

"Ethan I'm Yoshi." I say

"Oh.Y-yea I knew that I was just messing with you." He says and a little blush forms on his face which makes me giggle "What are you laughing at?"

"You look so cute when you blush." I say out loud by accident causing me to blush a little to "Uh I- uh I mean nothing."

"Thanks you look cute when you blush too." He says. "I'm going to order a pizza. Do you want something?"

"Just a soda please." I say

"Ok be back in a minute." He says and walks into the hallway.

After a minute he walks back in the door"It will be here in twenty minutes."He says

"Ok what now?" I ask.

"How about some music while we wait?" He asks.

"Ok I'll put on a song." I say and connect my phone to the speaker. I press shuffle on my Spotify and First Day of My Life starts to play.

"Hold on let me go get something." He says and runs out the door. He comes back with a ukulele.

"You can play the ukulele?" I ask him.

"Yea." He says and starts to sing.

This is the first day of my life
Swear I was born right in the doorway
I went out in the rain, suddenly everything changed
They're spreading blankets on the beach
Yours was the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
And I don't know where I am, I don't know where I've been
But I know where I want to go
And so I'd thought I'd let you know
Yeah, these things take forever, I especially am slow
But I realized that need you
And I wondered if I could come home
Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning?
This is the first day of my life
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you
But now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy"
So if you wanna be with me
With these things there's no telling
We just have to wait and see
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery
Besides, maybe this time is different
I mean, I really think you like me

"Ethan you're so good at singing." I say.

"Thanks." He says, his phone starts to go off and he answers it.

"Ok I'll be over in a minute." He says and hangs up. "I'm sorry y/n I have to go but we can hangout again tomorrow."

"It's ok I get it. I'll see you later." I say and walk to the door with him.

"Here's my number." He says and hands me a paper.

"Thanks here's mine." I say and write it on a paper on the table.

"I'll text you when I'm able to hangout again." He says.

"Ok I'll be waiting." I say and close the door locking it. I go on youtube and watch videos till I fall asleep.