Chapter 4-A Video

I'm sitting in the living room watching tv when suddenly there's a knock on my door. I pause my show to walk over to the door and open it.

   "Hey y/n I was wondering if you wanted to be in the butter churning video." Ethan says as I open the door.

   "Uh yea sure let me go change and I'll head over to your place." I tell him.

   "Ok I'll leave the door unlocked for you." He says and walks over to his door.

   I close the door and quickly get ready. Once I'm ready I grab my phone, keys and walk to Ethans after locking my door. I open his door and see him and Mark carrying a box into his kitchen.

   "Hey y/n can you grab that box and bring it into the kitchen." Mark says

   "Careful it's kinda heavy." Ethan says

   "I've got it." I say and pick the box up without a problem. I take the box and place it on the counter. Then I walk over and help Ethan and Mark with their box.

   "Thanks." They say and start to take everything out of the box.

   "So...What do I have to do for this?" I ask.

   "You just have to help us make the butter." Ethan responds as he's getting things set up.

   "I hope you don't have anything to do cause this might take a few hours." Mark says

   "Amy should be here in a minute." Mark says and pulls out his phone

   "Let's start to set it all up." Ethan says

   We set everything up in five minutes and there was a knock at the door. Mark went and opened the door quickly, then walked back in the kitchen

   "Amy this is y/n and y/n this is Amy" Mark says.

   "Is this Ethan's girlfriend you told me about." Amy says as she shakes my hand.

   "Really Mark." Ethan blushes as he glares at Mark.

   "I have no idea what she's talking about." Mark says and walks over to the fridge.

   "Let's just record the video."

   "Ok, then you have to stand in the middle of the room so y/n and I can hand you everything." Ethan says and pushes him away from the fridge

   "Fine then hurry up I don't want to get home late Chica needs to go outside." Marks says.

   "Ok fine." Ethan says and we start to record the video

   About half way through the recording my phone starts to ring and I see that it's Terra.

   "Hey Terra whats up." I say as I answer the phone and walk into the living room.

   "Ehh I was bored and decided to call you. Are you busy?" She asks.

   "Kinda, I'm in a Unus Annus video!" I tell her.

   "You're so lucky I want to meet them."

   "Hey, who are you talking to?" Ethan asks as he walks into the living room

   "The same person from the other day." I tell him

   "She wants to meet you and Mark."

   "Well then come on we paused the recording while he's churning it more." He says and walks into the kitchen

   "You hear that you're going to meet them." I tell her.

   "Hey Mark y/n's friend wants to meet us." Ethan smiles.

   "Put it on speaker then so I can continue this." He grunts out as the butter starts getting harder to churn.

   "Ok." I say and put the phone on speaker.

   "Hello." Ethan and Mark say insync.

   "Hi." Terra says shyly.

   "What's your name?" Mark asks her.

   "Terra."

   "Nice name." He says.

   "Thank you." She says.

   "When's the last time you saw y/n?" Ethan asks.

   "A week or two ago." She says.

   "Y/n can you do this while I talk to Ethan?" Mark asks, stepping away from the churn.

   "Uh sure." I say.

   "Uh I have to call you back later I have to go make dinner since my mom won't wake up." Terra says.

   "Ok call me later." I say and hang up.

   After a minute they walk back into the kitchen "So what did you have to talk about?" I ask him as Mark takes over again.

   "Just something. Why did Terra hang up?" Mark asks

   "She had to go make dinner since yet again her mom can't wake up and do anything. Not trying to be rude to her but even though she has cancer she is barely ever awake leaving it up to Terra to watch her siblings, make dinner for her family, clean the house, and try to do her school. And even sometimes at eleven her parents have her walk to the gas station to get milk and they don't even let her bring a pocket knife for protection." I tell them.

   "Sorry didn't mean to ramble."

   "It's fine." Ethan says.

   "Sounds like she needs a break for a while." Mark says and winks at Ethan.

   "Why did you wink at him?" I ask.

   "You'll find out later. Is she going to call you later?" Ethan says.

   "Yea she said she will when she's done making dinner which will only take her about 20 minutes."

   "Ok we should be done by then." Mark says

   We finish up the video and watch tv until my phone rings again.

   "Hello." I say and put it on speaker.

   "Hey." Terra says

   "Hi." they both respond

   "Are you guys done recording?" She asks.

   "Yea." I tell her.

   "Hey Terra me and Ethan have a question for you." Mark says.

   "Yes?" She says.

   "How would you like to come to California for a week or two?" Ethan asks.

   "Hey I wanted to ask her!" Mark says slapping Ethan's arm playfully.

   "Oh my god are you guys for real?" She asks.

   "Yea if you can't stay with y/n then you can stay with me or Mark." Ethan says.

   "My family isn't going to pay for that though." She said with sadness in her voice.

   "Then I can pay." Mark says.

   "For real?!" She yells loudly.

   "Shut up Terra!" Two people yell in the background.

   "Sorry!" She yells back in an apologetic tone.

   "Who was that?" Ethan asks.

   "Uh my mom and step-dad sorry. But yea I'll talk to my step-dad about it and see if I can go." She says.

   "Ok just tell y/n and she'll tell us." Mark says.

   "Ok bye." She says and hangs up.

   "Well I'm going to go home and go to bed." Mark says as he and Amy get everything together.

   "Bye guys." Me and Ethan say as they walk out the door.

   "Bye."

   "So what now?" I ask.

   "We can have a sleepover." He says.