Chapter 7

Off Guard

I just realized how close we are at each other, binitawan ko siya kaagad at inayos ang aking sarili. I firmly closed my eyes because of embarrassment, halos patayin ko narin sa aking isipan si Rhyx. 

Why does he fucking need to appear, of all situations.

"I-I should get going na. My friends are already waiting for me outside," I awkwardly said and when he had nothing to say, I turned my back at him.

Huminga muna ako ng malalim bago sinimulang maglakad. I should really fucking talk to Rhyx later, is he gonna make this a threat for me now? Dibale madali lang naman pakiusapan 'yong unggoy na 'yon.

My eyes widened when he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him, lumipad ang aking isipan dahil sa kanyang ginawa. So, I slowly averted my gaze and as well as my face because my heart seems to explode because of the closeness of our face.

"When can I see you again?" He asked without hesitation.

I blinked my eyes several times because of disbelief and felt my cheeks heated because of what he said. So, I coughed a bit to prevent from stuttering but I was not able to avoid it.

"W-What do you mean see me again?" I said while playing with my hands because my heart couldn't stop from pounding very hard and I ran out of things to say.

I saw him pursed his lips and slightly bowed his head to hide his face from embarrassment.

"When will I meet you again?" He asked but now, he was looking straight at me and his eyes were full of sincerity.

My heart won't stop beating faster because of mixed emotions. Well, this isn't the first time a man was asking me out but in this state, I don't know if he just wants to friends or the other way around. I am not assuming that there are some other reasons but.

"Why must we meet again?" I answer with a question again but now I am capable of equaling his gaze.

"Because I want to see you." He said and place his hand behind his neck and suppress a smile.

I pursed my lips to hide the excitement I'm feeling. Parang nagdiwang ang aking sistema ngunit parte nito ay nagbibigay ng negatibong opinyon.

"Me too." I said and a smiled.

Tumango ito at tumikhim. "Okay,  I'll just message you when and where." He said before biding goodbye so I wave my hands as a response.

Ngayon ko lang napagtanto ang kanyang sinabi. Message me? But I din't gave him my number yet, how did he?I just shooked my head and started walking.

I headed where I was earlier and saw the two cousins together, when I looked at Rhyx he gave me a playful smile and wink but I just rolled my eyes at him.