Celebration!

Welcome to the last chapter!  I can't believe I have written a whole story and that people have actually read it and liked it!  Thank you readers!  Please comment as you read or leave one at the end and don't forget to hit that little star at the bottom when you're done.  I love reading all your ideas and comments and I always answer back because I know how it feels to connect with an author and want to make my readers feel like they are appreciated.  BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!!   I have included a few song inspirations with this chapter because I feel they are the spirit of our two characters.  I hope you enjoy and have a wonderful and safe holiday season wherever you live!

Again nothing is mine, original characters or picture so thank you to the artists who are more creative and blessed than me!

Heart by Heart by Demi Levato

Fire on Fire by Sam Smith

Love Someone by Lukas Graham

If Our Love is Wrong by Callum Scott

The night of the banquet had finally arrived and cultivators from every sect flocked to Gusu to welcome Lan Zhan and Wei Ying back to Cloud Recesses. The Lan sect had never had so many guests within its walls before and Lan Xichen found it touching that so many people gathered for the joyous occasion. He and his uncle graciously welcomed every individual who entered their gates that night and made them feel right at home, nothing would ruin this night for his brother and his partner.

Jiang Cheng was one of the last to arrive and greeted Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren with a low bow. 

"Thank you for everything you have done for my brother." he said proudly, his eyes falling on Lan Xichen as a small smile graced his thin lips. Lan Xichen bowed back, his eyes never leaving the handsome man dressed in elaborate purple dress robes.

"Please, do not thank us. We did nothing." Xichen replied casually. "It was you who gave Wei Wuxian the push he needed to find my brother and for that, I will always be grateful."

"A-ha-ha! Anytime I get to give Wei Wuxian a kick in the ass and NOT get reprimanded for it is a good day for me!" Both men chuckled lightly, the two leaders staring at each other for a long second before Jiang Cheng shyly turned and moved to find his table in the banquet hall.

The sounds of celebration could be heard throughout the entire Cloud Recesses, from music played by the juniors to idle conversation amongst leaders and their disciples as they sat in the great hall awaiting the two guests of honor to make their appearance. Lan Qiren did not even complain about the noise this night which surprised the younger clan members, but they knew not to look a gift horse in the mouth and enjoyed their bit of freedom as they knew it would not last past tonight. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen mingled with all their guests, no matter their status, and made sure that everyone was present and properly attended to before moving to the large front table themselves.

Everyone politely waited for Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen to sit before taking their own seats. The clan elder was the first to speak, his commanding voice resonating throughout the hall. 

"We would like to thank everyone for coming to Cloud Recesses to celebrate the return of my nephew and the Jiang Sect head disciple home after a very long and dangerous mission." Everyone cheered for the two cultivators who had yet to make their appearance in the great hall, their eyes searching for the legendary pair of cultivators. Lan Xichen looked at his uncle and smiled, unable to contain his joy any longer, and Lan Qiren nodded in agreement.