Every Lifetime

Hello Readers!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that life has been kind to you!  I hope you are enjoying my little story and that you will vote or comment your thoughts before you leave.  I greatly appreciate any feedback from you as I value all of your opinions!  Thank you so much!!!!  

The two fated soulmates made love for hours before falling into a blissful deep sleep. The next morning Lan Zhan was the first to wake but was unable to move from under Wei Ying's arm and leg draped over him. So, he simply laid there in the early morning light and gazed upon the face of the man who had stolen his heart. He lightly touched his beloved's long thick lashes that rested on his cheek before running his fingers down Wei Ying's face and chin. He marveled at how beautiful this amazing man was and how lucky he was to have captured his love.

As Lan Zhan attempted to get up again, Wei Ying stirred quietly against his chest forcing Wangji to freeze in place. After a few steady breaths, Lan Zhan was able to slide out from under Wei Ying's gentle grip and prepare a bath for them. Carrying a still sleeping Wei Ying to the tub, Lan Zhan placed the poor man's exhausted body into the warm water and began to methodically wash him with a soft cloth. He looked at Wei Ying's thin frame and swore that never again would his beloved suffer because of him. He would learn to cook all of Wei Ying's favorite dishes and pamper him with affection, something he knew he wanted to do for the rest of his life.

He still could not understand how Wei Ying's memories were intact but, at least for now, he was willing to accept the gift he had been blessed with. After finishing their bath, Lan Zhan dried both of them and dressed himself in his robes, but he couldn't bring himself to dress Wei Ying so he simply wrapped him in the blanket and let him sleep a little longer.

He diligently folded Wei Ying's black and red robes and garments and put them on the table, placing Chengqing on top and making sure that every strand of the deep red tassel was perfectly combed and smooth. Satisfied, he walked outside to meditate and cultivate his golden core for the long trip home. He needed to be strong enough for them both in case there was any trouble on their return trip to Cloud Recesses.  

Lan Zhan was very much afraid of Wei Ying pushing himself too hard again and causing more harm to his body and mind. Standing firm on his promise to not allow Wei Ying to suffer any more, Lan Zhan swore to himself that he would not allow his partner to use demonic energy to protect them, especially in his weakened state.

Inside the small house, Wei Ying awoke and felt blindly for his precious Hanguang-jun, only to be disappointed at the empty space next to him. He sighed and buried his face in the pillow letting out a small frustrated moan. 

'Why does he always have to wake up at 5am?! Can't he just be lazy for one day in his life?' 

Wei sat up slowly, his body complaining at even the smallest movement. Not having a strong golden core made it more difficult for him to heal quickly and his muscles and joints felt like they belonged to an old man.

He looked up and saw his clothes and his demonic flute sitting perfectly on the table and a smile crept onto his lips. He dressed quickly and looked for Lan Zhan knowing that he would not have gone far. When Wei Ying saw him outside sitting in the dew laden grass in his meditative state, his breath was stolen from his lungs and a single tear threatened to fall.