FIFTEEN

THE REHEARSAL

"okay, everyone take 5! we'll do one last run of what we have so far and then you're all free."

brian and scott, ariana's choreographers, laughed and most of the dancers left to get some air and something to drink. ariana grabbed her water bottle and sat down on the floor next to troye and doug.

"the fake smile choreo is so good." her friends chatted about how the show was coming along but ariana was too distracted to engage in conversation.

at the beginning of rehearsal, while the twins had been showing her some new steps, her phone had buzzed and ariana had made the terrible mistake of checking it. both harry and shawn had texted her to ask her what she was up to and that was all she could think about. she hadn't replied to neither of them and she was wondering whether she should or not but she ended up deciding to reply to harry.

~safety net~

harry ☁️
hey! are you doing anything right now?

ariana 🌻
hi! sorry for not replying
i'm rehearsing :) i should be done in 40 mins or so

harry ☁️
cool! do you wanna go out after or are you too tired?

ariana 🌻
nono i'm not tired. can troye and doug tag along?

harry ☁️
yes! it's a double date then ;)

ariana 🌻
doug and troye aren't dating
and neither are we 🤡

harry ☁️
i'm just playing with you, love 🤣
send me the address and i'll pick the three of you up.

ariana 🌻
okay ☺️ see u in a bit

~safety net~

"uh... we're going out with harry after rehearsal." ariana informed her two friends of the plans without asking if they were free because she sure as hell wasn't going out with harry by herself.

she knew she'd end up doing something stupid.

"do we have to go? we kinda had other plans..." ariana rolled her eyes and frowned, "yes, you have to go. i'm not taking no for an answer." ariana said, making doug groan in annoyance.

"you're such a cockblock." ariana pretended to gag and doug just shook his head.

"fine, we'll go, but if it gets too awkward you best believe im zayning the fuck outta there." troye cackled at doug's joke and ariana flipped him off without saying anything.

they were about halfway done with the last run through of the show when harry arrived. it made ariana nervous knowing he was gonna see her dance, especially since she was still unsure about some of the moves and the whole dance thing was something she'd always been insecure about, but she pushed through it and completely avoided looking in his direction.

which is exactly why she didn't notice just how mesmerized harry was by her.

~safety net~

harry was positive he was developing very intense feelings for ariana, but he also knew she wasn't. at least not yet. he knew he needed to back off and let her be, but something told him to keep trying. without making her uncomfortable, of course, but letting her know he was there. he wanted her to know he was an option. it wasn't a joke to him.

besides harry's confusing feelings, dinner was going great. they were having fun, chatting, laughing. he loved her friends. so much that he considered them his friends too. he loved how much they cared for each other, harry could tell their friendship was genuine. it wasn't about money, fame or instagram followers. they just loved each other and he wanted that for himself too. making friends was very hard when everyone always seemed to want something from you.

he was enjoying himself.

or at least he was until ariana's phone started ringing. she muttered an 'oh fuck' thinking no one would hear, but harry did.

"hey shawn..."

ariana excused herself and went outside to talk to shawn. fucking shawn. harry wasn't a violent person in the slightest but something about that guy made him want to start throwing punches. but as jealous as he was, he knew he had to respect ariana's friends. all of them. so he would have to suck it up if he wanted to make any progress with her.

harry sighed, knowing he was falling for her. hard. and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

~safety net~

yeeee chapter 15 already omg. i love this story so much 🥺 do u like the idea of combining irl and social media in the same chapter more often? (sorry for asking so many questions but i really do value your feedback / opinions so lmk) as always thanks for reading 🖤