FIFTY

2020. what a fucking year.

even though ariana hadn't been able to catch a break since god knows when, this year was already shaping up to be the wildest, most terrifying, yet exciting one of her life.

how crazy is it that when she finally meets a guy that checks all the boxes, the world falls apart. a pandemic and a deadly virus right when she finds the love of her life? it was almost comical, except it wasn't. not even a little bit. it was very scary to think about.

and ariana was scared. hell, she was terrified. about everything, all the time.

getting sick, losing more people she loves, not being able to help others enough. thinking about the future as a whole was enough to make her anxiety go through the roof, but then he would just look at her.

and somehow, for a reason she couldn't understand, she'd be okay again.

harry really didn't need any words or big gestures to reassure her that they'd be okay and everything would (eventually) work out.

"hey, you okay? you've been out here for a while." ariana jumped slightly at the sound of harry's voice, startled by the sudden presence, but she relaxed when he sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"yeah, just thinking." ariana tightened her lips into a thin line and turned to look at harry, her eyes so bright, it made his heart skip a beat.

"about me?" harry wiggled his brows, in an attempt to make her laugh and he smiled when the sound of ariana's giggles filled his ears. he chuckled, staying silent, allowing her to continue whenever she was ready.

"kinda. i just... i'm glad it's you. i'm glad it's us, you know? i can't imagine going through this with anyone else." harry's grip on ariana tightened at this and he pulled her in for a hug, burying his face in her hair and sighing in content.

"you mean to tell me you enjoy being stuck with me?" the words came out muffled, but ariana understood every single one.

"yeah. i really, really do."

neither of them pulled away and all ariana could think about was how lucky she was to be in his arms, feeling safer than she ever had. there really was no other place she'd rather be and he felt the exact same way.

and even though the future was completely uncertain, harry and ariana, for the first time ever, didn't need to know what the hell was next. whatever it was, they'd deal with together.

having each other was more than enough.

~safety net~

7,628,901 likes

7,628,901 likes

harrystyles: no one else i'd rather be stuck with.

tagged: arianagrande

view all comments

arianagrande: i love u so so so much
; harrystyles: i love you even more.

~safety net~

8,918,148 likes

8,918,148 likes

arianagrande: "safety net" co-written with harry styles is out now. this song is so so special to me and exactly where the story starts. which is why it's the first single off the new album. enjoy. love u v much. and thank u to all of my collaborators for helping me create such an incredible project!

tagged: harrystyles

view all comments

harrystyles: this is just the beginning ;)
; arianagrande: mmm absolutely

THE END