THIRTY SIX

THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG

"so... i guess they know."

ariana had been laying in bed with harry when twitter blew up about a comment mikey liked, implying there was something more than friendship going on between them. it was something so silly (that would probably blow off in less than a week) but it made her anxiety go through the roof.

and if that wasn't bad enough, their entire friend group had somehow found out about their little arrangement. ariana wasn't dumb, she knew that one of them had probably heard her going at it with harry, or worse, someone had seen them. that was the only way they could've known and the thought of that alone made her want to crawl into a hole for the rest of eternity.

"they probably think it was a one night stand. you worry too much, love."

ariana sighed as harry continued to run his hand through her curly hair, something he loved to do. he loved her iconic, long and slick ponytail too, of course, but something about her natural hair was so special to him. maybe it was the fact that he was one of the few people who were lucky enough to see it on a regular basis. or maybe it was just because she looked really freaking cute with it.

"they don't think it was a one night stand. they know, harry."

"okay... and how do you feel about it?" harry asked cautiously and closed his eyes, knowing he wasn't going to like whatever was coming and he frowned when ariana said nothing. he waited patiently, not wanting to push her to talk if she didn't feel like it.

"i don't know..." ariana said after a couple of minutes, "there's a voice in my head telling me this is a bad fucking idea and that i should just go home but... i really don't think i can."

"then don't. stay here with me." ariana looked scared, not of harry, but of the whole thing. the idea of sharing such an intimate moment and bond. they weren't friends helping each other out anymore and they both knew that, but ariana wasn't ready to take the next step.

she couldn't help but think of all her past relationships that had brought her nothing but pain. sure, she learned things and as the song says, she's grateful for her ex, but that's all bullshit.

harry sensed her discomfort and, as if reading her mind, he was quick to reassure her, "hey... i'm not gonna pull out a ring and get down on one knee. i know that's not what you want and i respect that. i'm just asking you to stay here with me, for a little while. if you want."

"i'll stay."

~safety net~

5,727,952 likes

5,727,952 likes

arianagrande: 🖤

comments are disabled

~safety net~

hi! this sucks bc i didn't get the time to edit it but i hope u liked it anyways. ty for reading and for being patient! <3