Feeling Worthless

It's so easy to fall into the trap of feeling worthless- as if your life is meaningless, serving no purpose, and is going to waste. "I don't deserve it anyway," is a common thought I have in that regard.

Thankfully, God doesn't think of us that way. He created humans to have a purpose. Not only as a collective group but also as individuals.

Here are a few verses about purpose, and about how precious we are to God:

Matthew 10: 30-31

30. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (NOTE: In this context, Jesus had been talking about how even sparrows, as insignificant as they may seem, are not forgotten by God. He watches over them, and it is said here that we are worth more than many sparrows.)

1 Peter 5:7 (ESV): "[Cast] all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you."

Matthew 6:30 (ESV): "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

Isaiah 46:4 (ESV): "Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs, I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save."

These are just a few verses demonstrating just how much God cares about us, and how we need not worry about the cares of this world. If you're interested, here is a link to a list of more verses about this:

We all have a purpose in this life, even though we may not feel it, or feel as if we can find it sometimes. Discovering a sense of purpose is hard, and takes a lot of mental contemplation.

We can rest assured, though, that God cares about us all, and that we were all designed with a purpose. There is no need to worry about whether or not you were a mistake, or if you truly have a purpose. You do, and even if you feel worthless, know that God says otherwise.

You mean something.

You're worth something.

God cares for and loves you.

Feelings of worthlessness are hard to combat. I do it quite often. If you do too, know that you're not alone and that you matter. If you don't feel this way sometimes, please watch out for your family and friends, and remind them of God when they feel that way.

God bless you.

N.B.