The Power Of Rejecting

Our yes and amen means an agreement to God's promises. We agree with God's word. The Bible reveals that God's promises are yes and amen (2 Corinthians 1:20). Why? Because they are true. They are backed up. They are worth placing truth over. They are a solid Fondation.

But we reject every other voice. Some words and thoughts should never get our yes and amen.

Did you know that silence can also equal agreement at times? When. You don't say anything it may appear that you're taking a neutral stance. You could be consenting without realising or disagreeing when you should be agreeing.

In this life, there is none of that grey area. You were either for God or against. You're either agreeing to something or disagreeing. An in-between often is complicated but at times it doesn't even exist. You're either walking or seeking God's will or not. You're with God or not.

Jesus revealed that He would separate the sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:32).  In the bible, God revealed His anger towards the lukewarm. God doesn't like those who just can't choose. We often want Him and the world combined. You can never have both.

You're either with one or with the other. When you don't choose, God reveals His attitude towards that indecisiveness. So I want us to cancel that by knowing what we should be agreeing with and what we should be rejecting.

We agree with God's word, heart and way. We align with what He calls God and renew our minds to begin to think like He does (Ephesians 4:23).

John 10:5
KJV
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

When you reject the enemy it means you stand in a refusal. Whatever you accept in life can stay and whatever you resist and reject you won't receive.

There are certain things the enemy often looks to impose on our lives. One of them is His will, way and attacks.

We don't need to accept but can even reject the enemy's lies.

What I challenge you to do is to recognise the voice of the enemy. The voice that's in contrast with God's ways, nature and heart.

He will tell you things that don't align with God's word nature and character. He will tell you things to get you to go outside God's will.

These are lies. These are condemnations. These are accusations. These are anxious thoughts. These are ties. These are depressive thoughts. The enemy often comes to lie to us and the kingdom of darkness does what it can to deceive.

We shouldn't remain silent and allow the enemy to reign. Our silence shows permission. When you don't go against something it means you're letting it happen.

We shouldn't allow the enemy to keep lying to us but refuse his lies. We refuse his attacks. We refuse his tactics. We shouldn't embrace toxic thoughts. Thoughts that tell us we aren't worthy, that there's no point in living etc. These aren't the truth. We shouldn't allow them to roam freely, in our minds.

That's why I want to encourage you to start rejecting. Start saying you reject these depressive thoughts. You reject these anxious thoughts. You recognise they are there and give them to God but you shouldn't accept or embrace them because it should never be something we should accept or embrace but something we should actively refuse with TRURTH aka the word of God.

I want you to make it your decision today to refuse some lies of the enemy to refuse some things happening in your life. To refuse to be oppressed. To refuse to be a failure. To refuse to be lazy. To refuse not to be anything but who God has called you to be.

I encourage you today to go in prayer and begin to do some refusing sis!

-etty