Reject The Spirit Of Fear

Reject the spirit of fear

Never accept the spirit of fear. God's word tells us that fear isn't an emotion, it's not just a feeling or a sense but it's a spirit.

The spirit of fear is a

2 Timothy 1:7
ESV
7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Fear does not come from God. Apart of the fruit of the spirit does not include fear but peace and a sound mind do. When you are anxious, worried and afraid, you're allowing the spirit of fear to have a grip on you by placing anxious thoughts in your mind and letting you overthink things that most likely won't happen.

When this happens, you stop operating in faith and love but in fear.

1 John 4:18
ESV
18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

So what do you do?

You reject the feeling of fear with faith. Where do we gain faith from?

Romans 10:17
ESV
17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Trust and believe the promises of God. Take time to meditate on scripture and use scripture to pray, asking God to help you believe and strengthen your faith.

Replace every worry, anxiety and fear with the word of God and reject to have the spirit of fear but invite faith. Faith won't just come upon you but open your heart to receive it and take out the spirit of fear that seeks to have your heart, thoughts and mind.

God has promised us peace, peace is a part of the fruit of the Spirit meaning that when we are in fear that we are no longer walking in the Spirit but walking in the flesh. We are operating from a place outside of God's word and not abiding in Christ who says that as we abide in Him we bear fruits. These fruits are walking in peace, walking in boldness, walking in goodness and His light.

Allow Him to have that place by reading the word. I've written scripture references here so that you can meditate on them, ponder and reflect on them but also use them as swords like the Bible says (Ephesians 6:17) to break every spirit of fear.

If we are in fear the enemy has a way to access our lives because fear is like a door. Where fear is there is no faith and where there is no faith there is no pleasing God (Hebrew 11:6) because we are moving outside of His Spirit. The enemy enters our lives, and he begins planting these seeds to cripple our faith but I want us to keep our faith by keeping our faith in God.

To reject the spirit of fear we need to choose to abide in Christ.

Whenever you feel crippled by fear and anxiety I want you to say "Holy Spirit, take over, take over and give me peace."

Breathe and keep praying for God's peace over yourself, keep praying for God's comfort and reassurance found in His word.

-etty