Come Out

2 Corinthians 6:16-18
NKJV
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty."

In this world, we have many idols. Before we were saved, sin could've been our idols. We could have loved our pleasures and sinful delights above God. Maybe people were our idols, we held them on a high throne in our hearts, and they were our go-to for hope, peace and comfort. Maybe music was your idol, it was your way of escaping. It was your way of finding love and hope. Maybe books were your idols, they were what gave you ease, what helped you escape for comfort or what you wanted to fill that void inside.

Here God calls us to come out from among them. Though we were once a part of the world, we thought as the world, we behaved, spoke, dressed, listened and made decisions like the world but God is saying to us to come out.

Come out from among them. Come out from among those who keep sin in their hearts, making it their gods and refusing to let go. Come out from among them that would seek self-pleasure above pleasing their creator. Come out from among them that would be selfish, seeking self over the glory of God. Come out from among the lukewarm who say they chose Jesus but the next day chose the world. Come out from among those who are neither hot nor cold, who the Lord calls them to pick a side. Come out from among them who keep Christianity as a slogan but not as their transformation. Come out from amount them who compromise and refuse to be fully for God, denying their King who then denies them.

Come out.

But when you come out, the Lord says He'll receive you. You're not too far gone, God's heart is open to forgive and receive you. There is no decision you made that disqualifies you from going back to your first love. There is no idol you had that you cannot throw away and place your King in His rightful place. There is no sin you danced with far too long that now with that heart of conviction you can't go to your Lord in repentance. There is no amount of compromising you made that you can't start to choose to be on fire rather than cold.

God still receives you. God still loves you. God still chooses you.

But God will be your father. When you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and saviour, when you repent, confess your sin and decide to walk away from the world and come out, God receives you, as Jesus is the only way to the Father, you walk in that only way and you receive Him as your Lord. He embraces you, rejoices over you and calls you His daughter. He accepts you as your own. The angels rejoice (Luke 15:10), heaven is in joy and your Father is filled with joy.

The sin that once covered your face, had been wiped clean by the blood of the Lamb and you've been set free by your Saviour.

My message is God is saying come out, repent, surrender, turn from your wicked way and turn from your sin. Know that He receives you, accepts you, will deliver you and give you a new identity.

Though you walked away, though you gave sin another chance, God says your temple is now where He resides and lives, you're His daughter and He is your God who is faithful to forgive you.

-etty

Scriptures and Scripture References

Mark 1:15
ESV
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

1 John 1:9
ESV
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 8:36
ESV
36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Revelation 2:2-4
ESV
2 "'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.

Revelation 2:2-4
ESV
2 "'I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.