Chapter 26~ More Interruptions

"Well this was an eventful day." Josiah says, plopping down on his bed and kicking off his shoes.

"Yeah, I'm beat." I say and sit down on my bed.

"We still have homework to do guys." Ezra sets her backpack on the table and begins pulling out her books.

"But, I hate homework." I complain and lay down on my bed.

"C'mon. We can all work together." Josiah walks over and tugs on my jacket sleeve.

"I don't wanna." I stick out my bottom lip.

Josiah grins evilly and slides his arms underneath my back.

"Josiah, what are you doing?" I ask as he scoops me up into the air.

He walks outside the cave, a cool breeze brushes along my neck, giving me shivers.

"Homework or water. Your choice." Josiah says, standing over the pond with me in his arms.

"You wouldn't dare." I narrow my eyes at him.

He leans closer over the water and I can soon feel the splashes from the waterfall.

"Alright!" I yell and smack his arm, "Alright, let's go finish that stupid homework."

Josiah laughs as he sets me down. I punch his arm and frown at him.

"Oh come on. I wasn't actually gonna throw you in the water, it's freezing out here." He smiles and grabs my hand in his.

I grin at him and lead him back into the cave, where Ezra had already started on her homework.

"Yeah, I have to write a whole English paper by tomorrow." I groan.

"I told you to do it sooner instead of last minute." Ezra gazes at me.

"Sorry I don't listen to you, Mother." I say and get out my English notebook.

"Well, I've got a little math to do." Josiah interrupts out little argument.

"Um, it looks like I have Psychology." Ezra says, looking through her stack of school work.

I nod slightly as I pick up my pencil. I stare at my blank piece of paper, nothing written on it. My mind was drawing a blank and I forgot what I was writing about for a second. Josiah snaps his fingers and I shake my head.

"Come on young lady. Stop zoning out and do your paper." He taps my blank sheet that laid on the table.

"Yes, father." I stick my tongue out at him.

"Okay, our relationship would be wrong in so many levels if I was your father." He busts up laughing.

I start laughing as well, getting a death glare from Ezra.

"Guy's I need help with this question." She asks after we quiet down.

"Hm, Psychology. Not my best class, but I could try." I look over at her paper as she reads the question aloud.

"What is the psychological complex in which a person is constantly victimizing themselves, often without knowing?"

"The martyr complex." A voice says behind me.

Josiah looks at the entrance of the cave, eyes narrowed and a low growl emitted from his throat. I turn around and see a brown haired boy with sea green eyes, leaning against the doorway of the cave.

"What do you want Luka?" Ezra asks, not even looking up from her paper.

"Cam to talk to you, actually." He walks in with his arms crossed.

"You don't belong here." Josiah said with a deep tone, "This is our territory."

"So whatcha gonna do mutt?" Luka glared at Josiah.

"Luka, what do you want?" Ezra turns around in her chair and stares at him.

"Can we talk outside?" He asks.

"If you have something to say, you can say it in front of my family." Ezra says with a stern expression.

Luka took a step forward, trying to find something to say to Ezra.

He grabbed her hand, "You look just as beautiful when you're exasperated."

Ezra looked taken aback. Her cheeks turn a light pink and a small grin spread across her lips.

"I thought I told you it was never gonna happen." Ezra says, but she never pulled her hand away.

I look over at Josiah, he was shocked as much as I was.

They didn't say anything. Luka smiled and squeezed Ezra's hand. She just sat in her chair staring into his enchanting eyes.

"Um..." I say, disrupting the awkward silence in the air.

"Oh." Ezra shakes her head and pulls her hand away. She started blushing like crazy.

"I think I'm gonna go." Luka scratches the back of his head, smiling like crazy.

"Yeah, you do that." Josiah says and continues his homework.

"See you later, Ezra." Luka winks and walks out of the cave.

"Someone has a crush." I tease.

"What?! No! Luka is-" Ezra starts but stops mid sentence.

"Cuteeee." I elbow her.

"Shut up." She says, her cheeks had turned an obvious red.