Chapter 27~ All In The Past

Trying a new writing style in this chapter. Let me know what you think :P
-----------------------------------

He played with the metal in his hand. He sat in his chair, one lamp sat on the desk, shining down on the objects laying on the wooden surface.

Dipping the metal into a deadly liquid, the poison glistened as he pulled the metal out carefully. Picking up the black rifle sitting on his desk, he opened the barrel and equipped it with the deadly bullet covered in Wolf's bane.

A small cocky smile spread across his lips as he pulled back the bolt handle. The gun made a loud sound as the bullet slide into the chamber, ready to fire at any moment.

"John..." A women walked into the garage, "There's a new pack in town."

"Perfect." The man smiled and looked at his prize possession mounted on his wall.

A big brown plaque hung above his desk. The animal's mouth was open in a snarling position, revealing sharp teeth that could easily rip through a deer. It's long black hair covered most of the plaque's wood. It's eyes glistened a bright yellow as the time he died, staring at his wife running away with his two beloved children.

*****

"Hey Ezra?" I set down my pencil.

This homework was definitely taking longer than I thought.

"Hm?" She said, stilling writing her Psychology homework.

"What's the big deal with Luka? It's obvious you like him, yet it seems like you hate his guts at the same time." I stretch out my arms and yawn.

Josiah soon looked interested too, he set down his pencil and looked at Ezra, eager to hear her answer.

"Like I said, Thantos wanted me to marry him and Luka was a big jerk." She shrugged, still looking down at her paper.

"C'mon Ez. Tell us the truth." Josiah joined in.

She let out a deep sigh and set down her pencil, "Alright fine."

"When I first joined the pack, I met this girl. Her name was Grace. She was my first friend and helped through everything. The three of us, Me, Grace and Luka, well we caused a whole bunch of trouble." She chuckled slightly, "They called us 'The Three Mutt-sketeers.'"

I leaned forward and propped my head up in my hands, listening intently to her story.

"Well, one day Luka wanted to show us something cool he found deep in the woods. Grace and I didn't want to go, but for some reason Luka got Grace to come with him." Her voice seemed to waver a little.

"I stayed back with the pack and waited patiently for their return. But, after three hours and no sign of them, I began getting worried. I started to wander into the woods, tracking down their paw prints, leading me into an open field. It was quite beautiful really."

She took a deep breath and continued, "As I wandered towards the middle of the field, the smell of blood filled my nose and my adrenaline instantly boosted. I followed the smell to a body. One I wish I hadn't discovered." I could see a tear on the verge of slipping from her eye lid.

"It was Grace, wasn't it?" Josiah asked, his voice was hoarse.

"Yes." She nodded, "I ran back to the camp as quickly as I could, only to find that Luka had beaten me to his father. Thantos put together a group of Omegas and sent them to retrieve Grace's body."

"So, what exactly happened to Grace?" I asked.

"Luka and Grace ran into a group of hunters. Both were hunting the same deer. Grace was the fastest one and got to the deer first, but a hunter already lifted his gun, ready to shoot the deer but hit Grace in the head instead." A tear ran down Ezra's cheek and she quickly wiped it away.

"Luka, being the scaredy cat he was, ran away and left Grace to suffer alone." She clenched her fist, anger ran through her body.

"Luka's a jerk." I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, leaning back in my chair.

"No wonder I don't like that guy. At least I have a reason now." Josiah smirked and I chuckled at his remark.

"But, the past is in the past right?" Ezra loosened up, "He didn't kill Grace and there was no chance in saving her. I just wish she wasn't alone in her last moments. And I got to say one last goodbye."

"I know. I'd give anything to see Dad one last time." I said, my smile fading.

"Let's go to bed." Ezra says, trying to get the depressing feeling out of the air.

"Woah! It's almost midnight!" Josiah looked at the clock sitting next to the sink.

"Yeah, I'm beat. All this homework is frying my brain." I yawn again.

We pack our work into our backpacks and get ready for bed.

"Night guys." Ezra says, turning off the only light by our beds.

"Nighty night." I smile and crawl under my covers.

Josiah plops on his bed and gives a thumbs up.

I laid their silently and closed my eyes. I listened to the sound of the crickets and frogs outside. The trickling waterfall running down the rocks and into our little pond. Soon I drift off, fast asleep.